Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Can improved pay and scheduling enhance the future of indian domestic cricket?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 19-3-2024 08:34:13 | Show all posts |Read mode
Sunil Gavaskar urged the BCCI to triple the pay for domestic cricketers, particularly first-class players like those in the Ranji Trophy. He emphasized the need to reduce player pullouts by offering better compensation. Gavaskar supported Rahul Dravid's view that the recent BCCI incentives should be considered rewards for red-ball cricket rather than mere incentives.

He also advocated for longer gaps between Ranji games to allow players more time for rest and recovery. Additionally, Gavaskar proposed starting the Ranji season in October to accommodate white-ball tournaments, ensuring players' availability and minimizing withdrawals. He expressed confidence in the survival of Test cricket, albeit with fewer five-Test series in the future, as cricket tours are expected to include a mix of Test matches, T20Is, and ODIs.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 19-3-2024 08:54:22 | Show all posts
Can we switch the Ranji trophy to day-night Tests??

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 19-3-2024 09:20:06 | Show all posts
I fully agree with Gavaskar's viewpoint that the Ranji Trophy serves as a nurturing ground for Test cricket and deserves ample attention. I also believe that India should focus on developing specialized players for red-ball cricket by contracting them exclusively for such matches and offering them substantial compensation, ensuring they don't feel the impact of missing out on the IPL.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 19-3-2024 11:36:47 | Show all posts
I believe it's impractical to insist that all players participate in the Ranji Trophy when they are not fulfilling national duties. Players like Shreyas, for instance, must leave the national team to play Ranji matches while also preparing for the IPL. We all know that if they don't perform well in the IPL, they won't receive the same level of attention. So, it's not just about money.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 19-3-2024 12:59:41 | Show all posts
I think if all Indian players played in the Ranji Trophy, then new talents wouldn't get enough opportunities. Instead, if they did so, young talents participating in matches and the reserve teams training alongside them could observe them up close and learn from them!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 19-3-2024 14:54:38 | Show all posts
But is the likelihood of this happening high?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 20-3-2024 08:15:49 | Show all posts
I believe implementing this measure would lead to improvements for the players!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list