Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 7

30 years one side, 30 years other, now Man United becomes noisy neighbor.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-3-2024 07:38:21 | Show all posts |Read mode
For those who follow football, there was a Manchester Derby match not long ago. Although I didn't have high expectations for Manchester United to win before the match started, when Rashford scored a stunning goal to break the deadlock, I couldn't help but wonder if Manchester United really had a chance to draw or even win against Manchester City at their home ground. However, the reality was harsh. Manchester United and Manchester City are not at the same level now. Throughout the game, Manchester United's attacks, aside from sporadic moments in the first half, were subdued by Manchester City's dominance. Even the hope of equalizing the score seemed elusive.

Back in the day, it used to be the other way around when Manchester United dominated Manchester City. I remember when I first started watching football, Manchester United didn't even consider Manchester City a serious rival because they weren't on the same level. Manchester United were contending for titles while Manchester City were fighting relegation. At most, they were seen as noisy neighbors.

But times have changed. Manchester United's situation is completely reversed now. This season, Manchester United's hope of finishing in the top four and securing a Champions League spot is slim, while Manchester City continues to challenge on three fronts. When it comes to the Manchester Derby nowadays, I wonder if Manchester United can barely win at home, and if they can avoid a heavy defeat away. It's just the reality. Over a decade later, Manchester United has become that "noisy neighbor."

Of course, I'm not in despair. In sports, there's never a permanent dynasty, so we can't predict the future. However, it's going to be a long road for Manchester United to return to the top. What frustrates me the most is Ten Hag's attitude. Every time we lose, he says we're not far behind those top teams and that we can beat title contenders like Manchester City, Liverpool, or Arsenal. I know boosting morale is important, but it's frustrating when he fails to prove it with actions. Every time, we end up being completely dominated, showing no signs of improvement. I really dislike such coaches who talk big but fail to deliver.

Now, I hope Ratcliffe can come in and address the deep-rooted issues at Manchester United. Although Ratcliffe has painted a rosy picture of returning Manchester United to its peak, even rebuilding a stadium will take 20 years. So, I don't expect to see Manchester United's successful rebuild in the short term. The road to rebuilding is long, but as the saying goes, "30 years one side, 30 years other." I believe that one day Manchester United can return to our rightful place!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-3-2024 08:06:30 | Show all posts
Can someone revive a club if it's truly rotten to the core?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-3-2024 09:48:56 | Show all posts
Manchester United had its heyday for about a decade, and now Manchester City has also been on fire for over a decade.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-3-2024 17:25:40 | Show all posts
Manchester United has lost its title as a top team and become a mid-table club.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-3-2024 17:27:19 | Show all posts
It seems like it's time for Ten Hag to bid farewell to Manchester United... I wonder who can take over this troubled situation...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 16-3-2024 21:11:59 | Show all posts
Ten Hag's time seems to be up wherever he goes. Let's hope the next coach can help Manchester United rebuild successfully.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 16-3-2024 21:12:19 | Show all posts
During the Ferguson era, being a Manchester United fan was pure bliss. Every time I saw the old boss chewing gum on the sidelines, I felt like United had a high probability of winning the game. Even in defeat, it never felt as embarrassing as it does now; it was more about the opponent's exceptional performance.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-3-2024 07:40:13 | Show all posts
The road to rebuilding for Manchester United is still a long one, especially considering the significant gap in strength between them and Manchester City.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list