Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 2

Shay Given: If Ferguson Coached Now, He Would Explode on Current Manchester U...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-3-2024 20:32:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
Shay Given played under Sir Alex Ferguson for four years and shared his thoughts with talkSPORT on how Ferguson would react if Manchester United were in their current state.

"I don't like going back to the Ferguson days because it was a long time ago, but if we were in this state, he would be screaming at us," he told talkSPORT. "It was like, 'You've got to understand it's an honor to play for Manchester United. There are thousands of people around the world who would love to play for Manchester United. So go out there and show the desire and pride of playing for Manchester United, and the respect you have wearing the Manchester United shirt.'"

"Now, to me, it's not like that. In the game against Manchester City this weekend, I think sometimes in the Manchester derby, there might be two outcomes. But when you play against Manchester City, they're going to control the game for so long, and I think they're going to beat Manchester United. In my eyes, it could be a heavy defeat."

"I've been saying it for a while; for me, Manchester United's problem is leadership. Look at the players available in the summer; for me, players like Kane and Rice would have been snapped up under Ferguson. At least they would have been prepared for those types of players. This summer, they didn't even have a plan for signing players, and that worries me."

"Once you get players like Kane and Rice playing professional matches every week, setting an example, other players will follow suit. Now, you look at Manchester United's players; they're just looking after themselves. You don't need a Tony Adams in your team, just make sure everyone is playing well, not just worrying about their own performance. Currently, there's no one in the team who can do that, like 'Well, I'm doing my job,' and that's where it's failing."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 10-3-2024 20:39:50 | Show all posts
It seems that he is indeed a person of strong character.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 10-3-2024 20:39:52 | Show all posts
It feels like there's no hope.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list