Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Why prohibit wealthy investors? Because money-driven football is undesirable.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-3-2024 12:44:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have always abhorred the idea of money-driven football. While capital is crucial for the sport's development, if football becomes saturated with capital-driven investments, it won't last. The bubble will inevitably burst. Hence, I am relieved to see many top clubs now subject to Financial Fair Play regulations, indicating that measures to prevent football from becoming a money-driven bubble are indeed effective.

Some may wonder why organizations like UEFA and the English FA intervene to restrict finances when more investment seems beneficial. However, football associations must have a forward-looking perspective. They recognize that while current investment may seem positive, excessive financial inflows beyond a club's natural income are unhealthy. They anticipate the risks of overreliance on capital and the potential fallout if investors lose interest.

Therefore, football associations worldwide have introduced their own Financial Fair Play regulations. For instance, Everton received a six-point deduction for breaching these regulations, while Manchester City currently faces 115 charges. Chelsea also risks litigation if they fail to sell players by June 30th. The English FA's proactive stance is evident, as demonstrated by the minimal spending in the recent winter transfer window. Clubs fear potential investigations and subsequent repercussions.

Personally, I believe Manchester City has long violated Financial Fair Play regulations. Their extensive spending and wages, despite a limited fanbase and revenue, surely involve accounting irregularities. While legally unproven, this behavior is unsustainable. Thus, I was surprised when the English FA initiated proceedings against Manchester City. Despite the potential loss of prestige, the FA must address these issues for the long-term health of English football.

Ultimately, I hope football remains thrilling without being dominated by money. As a lover of the sport, I yearn for its purity, reminiscent of its origins.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-3-2024 15:17:21 | Show all posts
Everton has already been deducted 6 points, yet not a single point has been deducted from Manchester City, despite their numerous violations...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-3-2024 16:55:11 | Show all posts
Owners should be moderate, too much of anything, including investments, is never good.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-3-2024 16:57:41 | Show all posts
Capital is the root of all evil! What they pursue is certainly not the essence of sports!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-3-2024 17:10:17 | Show all posts
If Manchester City is found guilty of these allegations, they will probably face more point deductions than Everton.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 9-3-2024 10:14:00 | Show all posts
Money can be an angel or a demon... it depends on how people utilize it. In the football world, it's not just Manchester City; it's quite common.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list