Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

In gambling, certain truths are best understood through personal experience.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 21:57:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
"I wasn't in the mood for gambling today because I made a decision yesterday. I decided to lend money to a friend without expecting any interest in return. However, before lending the money, I emphasized that I hoped this loan wouldn't affect our friendship. I openly mentioned that there are many instances online where lending money has ruined friendships, and I hoped we wouldn't follow that common and unfortunate path. He assured me that he wouldn't let that happen, and for now, he's the only one borrowing money from me. He mentioned that he had learned a lesson and wouldn't get carried away next time.

I chose to listen to his words, although I understand that many tragedies begin with well-sounding promises. Nevertheless, I trust him, and this is a test of our friendship. I decided to place my trust in him, hoping he would reciprocate it.

The reason I treat lending money as a significant matter is due to my personality. I'm not someone who likes to rely on others. I've been gambling for almost ten years, and many years ago, I got deep into debt due to my addiction to gambling. Back then, I owed a substantial amount of money, and my parents had to bail me out. I'll never forget the look in their eyes when I asked them for money—a mixture of surprise, disappointment, and heartache. That memory remains etched in my mind even after all these years.

Since that incident, I vowed never to let myself get addicted to gambling again. Although I still gamble occasionally, I do it in moderation and ensure I don't let it get out of control. I don't want to trouble others with my problems, and the shame of asking for help still haunts me. I don't want to become that person again, so I'm cautious in my gambling activities now.

In the world of gambling, there are some lessons that you truly understand only when you've experienced them firsthand."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 22:10:55 | Show all posts
Borrowing money can indeed strain relationships; if possible, it's better not to borrow money.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 22:20:22 | Show all posts
Lending money to him, it could be enabling wrongdoing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 22:22:31 | Show all posts
"Your journey through the process of lending money has been quite a rollercoaster, truly a remarkable lending saga.However, from your description, it appears that your motivation for lending money to your friend is quite pure, without any ulterior motives or personal gain, which is already commendable.
I understand your desire to preserve this friendship. In real life, emotions can be fragile, and when mixed with financial interests, things can easily take a turn for the worse. But your choice to trust your friend is indeed a very positive course of action."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 22:33:05 | Show all posts
Your idea is correct; borrowing money for gambling is really not acceptable. At least you are being rational.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list