Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Viper: In the S11 finals, we must be most wary of DK's jungle.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-3-2024 08:06:36 | Show all posts |Read mode
February 25th News: A foreign host released a video of an interview with retired player Khan alongside LCK AD players after the LCK AD Unity Conference:

Host: We just watched your shoot, and you said you really hate it when others call you a spoon (Note: Koreans refer to the AD position as a spoon, implying that other teammates prepare meals for the AD, who simply eats with a spoon).

Viper: Actually, at first, if it wasn't about my own content, I didn't really have any feelings about it. But as I spent more time playing games, I started to feel like, "AD really is like a spoon"... gradually, I started feeling this way.

Khan: Although the AD position is considered a spoon, when it comes to Viper's level, he's not a spoon, he's an excavator.

Host: We will conduct a simple interview with Viper, first, have you joined Hanwha Life Insurance?

Viper: All of us players have joined Hanwha Life's savings insurance. There are methods on social media on how to join the insurance, and I hope everyone joins. Thank you, everyone.

Host: So, did you stop paying for the insurance you joined before?

Viper: Oh... I have nothing to say about that.

Khan: Viper, the hero who won the 2021 World Championship.

Host: The man who made Khan cry. (Viper laughs) At the time of the finals between EDG and DK, Viper won the World Championship. What was Khan's condition at that time?

Viper: To be honest, during the semifinals, everyone was saying that the top laners' conditions weren't that good... But when facing DK, personally, I thought the most vigilant position was the jungle, and then it's the top laner connected to the jungle. Since I play in the bot lane, I must hold the mindset of "we must win the bot lane", and the mid lane will carry on its own. We achieved good results.

Host: Khan, who was the player you were most wary of at that time?

Khan: To be honest, everyone anticipated it, when it comes to the dual threat from EDG, it's Scout and Viper. Anyone who watched the games at the time knows.

Host: When Khan picked Yasuo at the time, how did you feel? Were you thinking, "Alright, we'll just play Jhin & Zilean"?

Viper: (Laughs) To be honest, the semifinals between DK and T1 were very intense, and they also revealed a lot of their prepared picks, so I thought they would definitely pick Yasuo in the finals. We were prepared for the first game, and the opponents would (use prepared champions) too, so the first game was really a test of strength. But Yasuo is a question for the top laner, I just had to focus on my own game.

Host: You won the World Championship with EDG and then joined HLE and extended your contract with HLE. Why did you choose HLE at that time?

Viper: To be honest, when I first went to the LPL, I had good luck and quickly achieved good results, very lucky. I originally wanted to improve my skills and return to LCK to win the championship one day, I thought that was the most suitable time, considering the roster, I think HLE is the team I can continue to play for, and the conditions are also very suitable.

Host: Your lineup this year is also very luxurious, Doran, Peanut, Zeka, Viper, Delight. This is the first time you've worked with Delight, how do you feel?

Viper: I think a support needs to have decision-making ability, and their own thoughts must be clear. The League of Legends philosophy and winning methods of each team and player are different, Delight's thoughts on these things are very clear, and he also demonstrates it through his performance, I think this is very good.

Khan: Just as you said, it requires decision-making ability. Actually, after Delight joined HLE, instead of playing champions with decision-making ability, he played a lot of games with Nami.

Host: Actually, we had the idea that Viper oppressed Delight. Originally, he was very good at finding opportunities with champions like Thresh, but after joining HLE, he often played soft supports.

Viper: Recently, because of the support items, you have to last-hit, so champions that are good at making money often appear. He has recently played Rell too, basically doesn't die, indeed he shows off when he needs to.

Host: As far as I know, you and Peanut are roommates, are there any inconveniences in life?

Viper: So far, there have been no inconveniences, communication is very smooth, and we are interested in similar things.

Khan: Also, when it comes to Viper, your rank score has always been at the top, you're an AD who plays very well in ranked games. But who is the support you hate encountering the most in ranked?

Host: It can be a professional player or not, it can also be an amateur player.

Viper: First of all, I don't like it when people from other positions come to support. If I had to pick one player... not because he plays poorly, but the streamer "SeongHoon", he plays very well.

Host: Weren't you once tricked by SeongHoon's Yuumi?

Viper: I don't remember, I'll forget bad memories quickly. He's very good at playing hook champions, but if I keep playing games with only hook champions, sometimes I can't do the training I expect, because hook champions rarely appear in matches, except for Thresh, so it feels like it doesn't help with training.

Host: Many fans are asking if you do other exercises since your shoulders are broad?

Viper: I don't exercise. But now that I'm getting older, as a player who has to play matches, sitting in front of the computer for long periods, occasionally there are challenging days. I think, "I have to pay attention to my physical health to play professionally for a long time," so I've been paying a lot of attention to this lately.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-3-2024 08:22:09 | Show all posts
Confidence

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-3-2024 09:27:23 | Show all posts
It seems like Viper's performance in the finals was relatively average?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-3-2024 09:27:34 | Show all posts
Personally, I think the key to victory in the finals was EDG's jungle.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-3-2024 13:12:49 | Show all posts
The reason Khan lost was found; they didn't pay attention to the real threat in the jungle and support.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-3-2024 13:36:47 | Show all posts
So it turns out, if Khan isn't there, nobody should come to the table. We were wary of the wrong person.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-3-2024 19:34:45 | Show all posts
All I can say is that it's a good thing EDG's five players are splitting up.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list