Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 2

What about the agreed "splitting" of the winnings?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-2-2024 09:48:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
I heard this story, and I'm truly speechless. This 39-year-old British man, Michael Cartlidge, really went through quite a drama. He and his 37-year-old girlfriend, Charlotte Cox, bought a scratch-off lottery ticket together, and then, just a few weeks later, the girlfriend suddenly said "bye-bye" and ended up enjoying the £1 million jackpot all by herself.

They had only been together for about three months, and one day they went to a store in Spalding, Lincolnshire, to buy some food. He suggested buying a scratch-off lottery ticket on a whim, and at first, his girlfriend didn't want to, but he insisted on paying via bank transfer, so she reluctantly agreed. They bought two scratch-off tickets, and one of them ended up winning the jackpot. Michael said they had an understanding that they would split the winnings if they won. However, a few weeks later, the girlfriend suddenly broke up with him and selfishly claimed the winnings for herself. This left him devastated, and he lamented, "I never thought that winning £1 million would be such a painful experience." Although he kept emphasizing his right to share the prize money, the lottery company ultimately ruled that Charlotte was the legitimate ticket holder.

Michael said he was taken aback by this outcome: "While I admit that without Charlotte, there wouldn't be this ticket, but if it weren't for me, she wouldn't have bought it either. I know she paid for it, but morally, we should have split the winnings." He said he plans to appeal. Charlotte, on the other hand, responded that her ex-boyfriend had no right to a share of the winnings because she paid for the ticket herself. Goodness, love and money can truly be headache-inducing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-2-2024 10:56:25 | Show all posts
It's really dumbfounding, isn't it?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-2-2024 10:56:59 | Show all posts
They didn't go claim the prize together immediately after scratching it off.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list