Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

Will Rehan Ahmed miss the Rajkot Test due to a visa issue?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-2-2024 13:03:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
Rehan Ahmed, the England spinner, faced visa trouble as he arrived in Rajkot for the third Test match. He was held up at Hirasar Airport for two hours on Monday, February 12, because of insufficient documents. He had a single-entry visa and had come back to India from the UAE, where the England team had their pre-season camp during the 10-day break between the second and third Tests.
The authorities acted quickly and gave Rehan a temporary two-day visa to sort out the problem. The England team had two days to sort out the problem. The ECB is confident of resolving it in the next 24 hours.The rest of the England team and support staff had no problems and reached their hotel in Rajkot by Monday evening.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-2-2024 13:17:39 | Show all posts
I feel sorry for Rehan Ahmed. He must have been excited to play in India, but this visa issue has spoiled his mood. I hope he can overcome this setback and perform well in the third Test.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-2-2024 13:35:17 | Show all posts
This is another example of how India is making things difficult for the visiting team. They should have been more cooperative and understanding with Rehan Ahmed. He is not a criminal, he is a cricketer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-2-2024 13:37:28 | Show all posts
Rehan Ahmed is a promising spinner and I was looking forward to seeing him play in the third Test. I hope the authorities can sort out his visa quickly and he can get some practice before the match.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list