Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

Why did Manjrekar think Washington Sundar should be part of the playing eleven ?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-2-2024 15:40:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
Manjrekar, the former Indian batsman, has proposed that India should opt for only one fast bowler if Rahul and Kohli are not fit to play. He said that Washington Sundar could be included in the team as a spinning all-rounder. “It might be a good idea to have just one fast bowler if Rahul is injured and Kohli is unavailable. Then, Washington Sundar can be part of the team,” Manjrekar added.
India played with two pacers in the first two Tests. Mohammed Siraj went wicket-less in the first Test. He was replaced by Mukesh Kumar in the second Test. But Mukesh was costly with the ball and took only one wicket.
The third Test between India and England will start on Thursday, February 15 at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-2-2024 15:53:13 | Show all posts
I think Sanjay  Manjrekar sir is right that India should give a chance to allrounder Washington Sundar

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-2-2024 16:04:49 | Show all posts
In spin-friendly pitches like Rajkot, it will not be not good  decision to go with two pace bowlers, I think they should consider giving a chance to a spinner or a batsman instead

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-2-2024 16:08:17 | Show all posts
I think India will go with   allrounder Washington Sunder in a third Test match against England at rajkot .

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list