Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Do you feel awkward when your immediate supervisor is younger than you?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 20:49:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Shri333 at 27-12-2023 11:40 AM

The generations keep evolving, and with each generation, there emerge new leaders. Recently, I got a new boss at work who is around the age of 27, which is younger than me. This is the first time I've had a boss younger than me, and it's making me feel a bit awkward. I'm not sure how to handle these emotions. Logically, as one gets older, the chances of having a younger boss increase, but I didn't expect it to happen to me so soon.

I had a hunch this might come as I've been in a somewhat stagnant state in my career. While I'm not messing up my job, I also don't have the drive to excel or seek promotions. So, finding myself in this situation was somewhat expected. It's just that when it actually happened, I couldn't help but think I'm getting old. Young people's progress is much faster than I imagined, or rather, it's not just young people; it's the rapid pace of development and mobility in society. Without a competitive spirit, being surpassed is a likely outcome. It seems I need to adapt to this fast-paced society, and if necessary, even consider changing my lifestyle.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 21:55:29 | Show all posts
No need to feel awkward; each generation is usually stronger than the previous one.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 22:12:20 | Show all posts
The waves of the Yangtze River keep pushing the waves ahead; the front waves crash onto the beach. This is quite normal.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 02:46:54 | Show all posts
No, not at all. Learning is a lifelong process, and age should not limit it. Back when I was in college, there was a student in the same class who was much older than me. I realized from his example that age should not restrict one's ability to learn or earn. I've also had coworkers who were old enough to be my father, and it never felt like an issue. We can always learn from each other and complement each other's skills.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 02:51:02 | Show all posts
The title seems a bit odd; this shouldn't be a problem in itself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 03:09:11 | Show all posts
No, it's not a problem at all. We're all working together, so there's no need to feel awkward. As long as I'm not feeling awkward, it's their issue, not mine.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 03:47:27 | Show all posts
There might still be a bit of awkwardness because our tradition tends to prioritize seniority. However, if someone truly has talent, you can only admire and respect them.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list