Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 7

Bdd: If I could go back in time, I would definitely not choose T1.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-1-2024 09:34:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
January 14th News: Korean media, Korea Economic Daily, published an interview with KT mid-laner Bdd. The first part of the original content is translated as follows:

The term 'Fa-Cho-Show-B' is familiar to fans, used to refer to the four representative mid-lane players in LCK, namely Faker from T1, Chovy from GEN, ShowMaker from DK, and Bdd from KT. These four players are experienced veterans with over five years of professional careers. However, despite this, they frequently appear in high-level competitions such as LCK playoffs and the League of Legends World Championship, showcasing exceptional technical prowess.

Guo "Bdd" Pu Cheng, who plays the B role in Fa-Cho-Show-B, is considered the most underestimated player among fans and official circles. In the preview video for the 2023 World Championship quarter-finals, he personally expressed his determination with the words "Don't underestimate me." Despite his outstanding skills, he has not been able to win a championship in recent years. His last championship was in 2018, and the last time he reached the finals was in 2021. In a meeting with the Korea Economic Daily, Guo Pu Cheng expressed regret for not winning the LCK championship. He then stated his determination to leave a legacy skin before retiring, as Riot Games will create skins for players from the World Championship-winning team featuring their favorite champions.

Through the interview, Guo Pu Cheng shared some regrets about 2023. He stated, "I regret the big stages like the 2023 playoffs and the World Championship," and explicitly said, "If I could go back to the (summer playoffs), I wouldn't choose (T1) as an opponent." However, he also revealed expectations for 2024. He said, "I am quickly building synergy with new teammates," and stated, "I will do my best to achieve good results." He emphasized the importance of aggressive playstyles, mentioning that jungler Pyosik has the attacking style he desires, highlighting the crucial role of mid-jungle synergy.

Q: Please share your thoughts after completing the LCK 2023 season.

Bdd: I feel that it was a very happy year, although the ending is regrettable, it is still a rewarding year. This year's experience should help with preparations for the next season. Personally, it's a satisfying year for me.

Q: You mentioned it's a satisfying year. If you have to choose the happiest moment of this season, when would it be?

Bdd: (LCK Summer Split regular season) When we became the first in the regular season, that was my happiest moment.

Q: Just like you said earlier, in the LCK Summer Split regular season, you achieved first place, only losing one game, showing strong performance. What do you think is the reason for such results?

Bdd: The team atmosphere is excellent, and I think everyone has a high level of camaraderie. Players understand how to cooperate with each other and know what the other doesn't like. Everyone understands these things, so communication is reduced, and we can act faster. Most importantly, the good atmosphere itself helps a lot. The players have good personalities and are similar in age, so everyone gets along well. Initially, there might have been some restraint, but Lehends' friendliness really helped a lot. Starting with him, the entire team's atmosphere became more harmonious.

Q: On the contrary, if you have to pick the most regrettable moment of this season, when would it be?

Bdd: First is the playoffs; we always felt regretful about the ending. Also, regarding the performance in the World Championship Round of 16, we believe we should have achieved better results, and it's regrettable not to perform well on this important stage this year.

Q: Losing to T1 in the highly anticipated summer playoffs might be more regretful than the regular season's performance. What do you think is the reason for the failure?

Bdd: First, it might be because it was a big tournament, and our performance was not as good as before. In terms of pick and ban (P&B), we could have done better, which is regrettable. Perhaps because the opponent did well in P&B, our plans were affected. In general, we have shortcomings in various aspects.

Q: This might be a bit painful, but if you can go back to the time of choosing the opponent in the summer playoffs, would you choose T1? (KT, as the first-place team in the regular season, had the option to choose their opponent in the playoffs, and they chose T1 instead of HLE, resulting in a loss)

Bdd: If I could go back to that time, I would definitely not choose T1. (Laughs) Faced with T1 and HLE, we were confident against both, maybe a bit arrogant. If I could go back, I wouldn't choose (T1).

Q: The League of Legends became an official competition at the Hangzhou Asian Games. As a professional player, what thoughts do you have while watching the games?

Bdd: I watched the finals. I started preparing to become a professional player when esports itself was not widely recognized. It feels strange to see it become an official event at the Asian Games and gain higher recognition. At the same time, when watching the games, I often think about wanting to stand on that stage myself.

Q: In the World Championship, you overcame a challenging schedule to advance to the quarterfinals. Facing JDG from the Chinese LPL, a champion contender, you won the first game but then lost three consecutive games. At that time, where do you think the shortcomings were?

Bdd: Our performance in the games was not ideal. Although we made effective adjustments after each loss during the pick and ban phase, there seemed to be many internal deficiencies. Looking at the game content, we had significant advantages, but it appeared that there were many mistakes.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-1-2024 11:35:34 | Show all posts
Hehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-1-2024 11:39:43 | Show all posts
Butterfly effect.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-1-2024 17:21:36 | Show all posts
Encountering heavenly punishment all the way.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-1-2024 21:12:48 | Show all posts
T1 can win the championship, and your contribution is indispensable.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-1-2024 21:17:06 | Show all posts
It's better to be honest than talk tough.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 19-1-2024 21:20:40 | Show all posts
The gears of fate are set when you chose T1.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 22-1-2024 14:03:44 | Show all posts
Your article has been selected as one of last week's  highlight articles. Please check if you have received 20 MONEY. Thank you!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list