Reply: 4

The negativity from my friend's mother makes her feel desperate about life

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-1-2024 20:42:16 | Show all posts |Read mode
Do you have a friend who seems to walk in the sunlight, wearing a bright smile, but in the quiet of the night, their heart is immersed in endless darkness?

Recently, a friend of mine confided in me, sharing that she silently bears an indescribable pressure. Her mother always nags in her ear about how much money others are making and how prosperous their lives are. Every time she talks about this, her eyes carry a hint of inferiority and guilt, as if her existence cannot match up to others' success.

This friend has indeed made efforts. She has bought things for her mother, taken her out to eat, and even traveled abroad with her this year. However, her mother always seems to be immersed in negativity, complaining during every conversation and gradually passing on this negativity to my friend.

She told me that when she is alone, she often feels a sense of powerlessness and inferiority. She knows these thoughts are wrong, and she understands the preciousness of life. She tries to find happiness to support herself, but she doesn't know how long she can hold on. She says she can't imagine the future, as if the whole world is collapsing.

Perhaps her mother is seeking love from her, but she may have forgotten that her daughter also needs love. We often only see one side of a person's appearance, but it's challenging to understand their true feelings. This incident made me reflect deeply: filial piety, for me, is a profound and sincere emotion, a bond carrying the warmth of family.

However, filial piety does not equal blind obedience. Blind obedience is like throwing reason into a well and blindly catering to all the needs of the family. For me, filial piety should be a balance, caring for the family while also preserving independent thinking and lifestyle. I tried to console this friend, hoping that one day she can see through it and distance herself from negativity. Of course, not to make her leave her mother, but to encourage her to try to lead her mother away from negativity. What are your thoughts on filial piety and blind obedience?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-1-2024 20:54:20 | Show all posts
Just superficially deal with it, don't make it difficult for yourself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-1-2024 21:48:15 | Show all posts
Filial piety should be a mutual emotion, not a one-sided giving.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-1-2024 11:32:22 | Show all posts
It's better not to associate with people who radiate negativity.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-1-2024 12:37:57 | Show all posts
Contentment is the key to true happiness.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list