Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 2

Recognizing cryptocurrencies as "valuable"!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-1-2024 12:42:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
Crude oil contracts settled using cryptocurrencies? Discussing this is premature now. Cryptocurrencies can indeed serve as a unit for settlement, but they are too unstable. If the intention is only to transfer funds from one place to another, that's no problem. However, when it comes to trade, especially in the energy sector, it is still too early in my view, not to mention using it in energy trading.

He continued to emphasize, "Using cryptocurrencies as a tool for settlement is certainly acceptable, but discussing the use of them in trading oil or other raw materials and energy—this, in my opinion, is still too early."

However, Putin did not deny the value of cryptocurrencies. He said, "I think cryptocurrencies have value, just not for use in oil trading."

Everything is evolving, and everything has the right to exist. We will observe how it further develops, and perhaps one day, it could become a savings tool. But considering the market volatility we witness today, it's a bit early.

Putin pointed out that the generation of cryptocurrencies consumes a significant amount of energy, which is a potential obstacle to their use. For example, Bitcoin requires substantial computing power to process transactions and mine new coins.

While Russia has repeatedly claimed that the U.S. has "weaponized" the dollar, Putin has also expressed a clear desire to reduce reliance on the dollar in trade: "I believe the U.S. is using the dollar as a tool for sanctions, and it's a big mistake. We have to do something about it."

At this point, one could say the U.S. is reaping what it sows. The dollar is a competitive advantage, a globally accepted reserve currency, and the U.S. is now using it for political purposes, damaging its own strategic and economic interests.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-1-2024 17:42:47 | Show all posts
This kind of news still needs to be looked at more.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-1-2024 19:35:50 | Show all posts
Cryptocurrencies are still very valuable.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list