Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

Why is it that we hear so many truths yet still struggle to lead a good life?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-12-2023 20:01:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
Why is it that we hear so many truths, yet still struggle to lead a good life? It's because what you know is at the cognitive level; you understand but cannot implement it, which belongs to the behavioral level.

There's a saying that goes, "Thoughts determine actions, actions determine habits, habits determine character, and character determines destiny." If you have the right thoughts but get stuck at the level of actions, you lose out on developing habits, character, and ultimately your destiny.

During my school days, I had a good friend who fervently told me he wanted to become a programmer, work for a big company, and earn a lot of money. However, every time I saw him, he was playing games instead of coding. As a result, he failed a course and later became a manual laborer, earning a basic salary he never envisioned.

I didn't know whether I should tell him that his aspirations were too grand, and his actions were too limited. In truth, I am not much better. Despite reading many articles on quitting gambling and feeling scared, I forget all reasoning when faced with the opportunity. It's like the needle doesn't pierce me, and I don't feel the pain because I lack those experiences, so there's no sense of caution.

If that's the case, I hope I won't have such experiences and can stay comfortably playing small and winning small in the world of gambling.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-12-2023 20:07:52 | Show all posts
Everyone understands the principles, but it's challenging to follow through.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-12-2023 20:12:57 | Show all posts
If merely listening to principles could lead to a good life, there would be no tragic lives.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 23-12-2023 20:16:05 | Show all posts
We often treat principles as something that goes in one ear and out the other.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-12-2023 06:59:12 | Show all posts
I understand all the principles, but I just can't put them into practice.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list