Reply: 4

Should you lend money to a friend?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 07:48:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
The saying goes, "Don't borrow money to spend when you're poor, and don't make promises you can't keep when times are tough." If you owe money, repay it promptly. Even if you can't, communicate the reasons to the other person, so they know you haven't forgotten. In life, it's essential to live uprightly, to do things transparently and honestly—this is the fundamental principle of navigating life. When others lend you money, based on trust, if you disregard that trust, you'll end up appearing worthless, lacking integrity. Life's journey is long; don't compromise future benefits for short-term gains.

Suppose your close friend borrows 200,000 yuan from you because of online gambling. Will you lend it? Here, I advise you not to lend him the money; lending is equivalent to harming both him and yourself. I'll share my real experience to illustrate. I have a relative who has always been associated with a bad crowd, causing trouble for the family from a young age. After graduation, he found a job but was consistently late and absent from work, spending every night reveling with friends, playing poker and gambling. This affected his work, and he was eventually dismissed. Without a job, he had no income. He kept changing jobs, didn't have much money, but insisted on competing with others, wanting to buy high-end phones and a car. Despite not having enough money, he asked his mother to buy them for him. When there wasn't enough money, he borrowed from loan sharks. Eventually, I had to help him repay the debt when the loan sharks came after him because he's my relative. However, he didn't repent and instead intensified his behavior. He got involved in online gambling, borrowed high-interest loans again, and even misappropriated company funds. When this was discovered, he came back to ask me for help, but this time I firmly refused. I had helped him several times, but each time, it only pushed him further into the abyss, causing harm to him and myself.

This is my personal experience. If given the chance again, I would definitely not help him repeatedly. Think twice before you act, my friend.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 12:26:42 | Show all posts
It depends on what kind of friend it is.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 13:23:27 | Show all posts
It's best not to lend money to friends with bad habits. It's okay to enjoy socializing with them, but lending money is another matter.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 13:38:05 | Show all posts
It's fine to lend money if you have it, but if you don't have money, it's better not to lend.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 21:58:49 | Show all posts
If it's a very good and trustworthy friend, it's okay to lend money.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list