Reply: 4

Curry: My childhood goal was to be taller than Magic Johnson

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 29-11-2023 14:55:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
News on November 26th: Warriors player Stephen Curry recently discussed the most memorable player of similar height in a podcast on NBC.

Curry said, "Oh, it's definitely Muggsy Bogues. Look at those amazing moments... I think if you're an NBA player, you know what the physicality of the game is like, you know what the athleticism is like, and you're just imagining a 5-foot-3 guy running around here. It's not just standing on the court; it's disrespectful to Muggsy. He would have an impact in the game, lead the team, make some opponents feel scared. You couldn't easily break through his defense."

"There used to be the 'Muggsy Rule.' Don't dribble the basketball on the ground because he might be waiting underneath to steal it."

"The genetics and everything are just crazy. Manute Bol was 7 feet 4 inches tall. His basketball skills were crazy; he was a number 2 player in a 7-foot-4-inch body. But I highly doubt you'll see a 5-foot-3 guy in the league again. Just the miracles Muggsy could perform, I'm very grateful for that. Looking back, I've seen his performance up close. Even if I didn't really appreciate it at the time, or didn't appreciate it like I do now because back then, I just wanted to be taller than him, and then I thought if I had a chance to enter the league, that would be a sign. No matter how accurate my shooting is, it doesn't matter. The question is whether I can be taller than Muggsy, and then entering the league won't be a problem for me."

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 29-11-2023 21:52:13 | Show all posts
The strongest at 160.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 29-11-2023 21:53:01 | Show all posts
Actually, height is just one aspect. I'm a bit taller than Curry, but I'm nothing special.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 29-11-2023 21:59:37 | Show all posts
Even if I were taller, I still couldn't dunk.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 30-11-2023 06:59:39 | Show all posts
Maintaining this physique after retirement is already stronger than 80% of NBA players.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list