Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

Let's talk about some funny stories about NBA star Mutombo today!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-11-2023 12:55:43 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Kamal531 at 22-12-2023 02:11 PM

When Mutombo was still a child, he couldn't even pronounce his own name in one breath because his full name is Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo. His father suggested he play basketball to increase his lung capacity, but Mutombo accidentally fell and broke his wrist during his first basketball game. For a long time, he hated basketball and became a soccer goalkeeper. Mutombo eventually returned to playing basketball and became an outstanding NBA player.

Speaking of getting into fights, Jazz legendary coach Sloan was a tough player himself, involved in scuffles during his playing days. Vernell said about a scuffle with Sloan, Once we played a preseason game against Sloan's Bulls, and Sloan and I were pushing each other and then started fighting. The game continued on the other side of the court. After a while, people finally asked, 'Where are Lyle and Sloan?' By then, we had walked out of the arena and fought all the way to the lobby.There was another time when the Jazz and the Trail Blazers had a game, and Meyers and Wells had a fight. Talking about that day's brawl, Sloan said, Fortunately, they weren't players from the 1960s. Meyers and Wells almost did nothing, just pulling each other. For a brief moment, I thought they were about to kiss.

Before each game, former Pacer Miller would place two quarters on his wrist. Was Miller trying to bribe the referees? Definitely not. He did it to remember the past. When Miller was still a high school student, his father watched one of his games and said, Your performance in this game is only worth 50 cents. His father's words had a great impact on Miller, so he always remembered them and gave his best in every game. In the 1996 draft, the undrafted Big Dog was invited by the Celtics to participate in the summer league. To secure a contract to support his family, he told the Celtics coach that he was willing to play as a guard. However, when the Celtics saw his awkward mid-range shot, they gave up on him.

Later, the Bullets invited him immediately, and after the training camp, Big Dog got a contract, becoming a backup for the Bullets in his rookie season. It wasn't until Big Dog realized he had an advantage in defense and rebounding that he became an inside player again, adding another rebounding monster to the NBA. In fact, who hasn't had interesting stories happen to them?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-11-2023 13:14:32 | Show all posts
So there were still such funny things happening, huh?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-11-2023 21:17:01 | Show all posts
Some humorous anecdotes are only appreciated and found amusing when we look back after achieving something.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-11-2023 21:21:29 | Show all posts
"Once, a reporter asked Kobe Bryant: ""Why are you so successful?""
Kobe responded with a question: ""Have you ever seen Los Angeles at 4 a.m.?""
The reporter shook their head and replied, ""No, I haven't seen it.""
Kobe said: ""I see it every day."""

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 29-11-2023 07:51:54 | Show all posts
It's indeed quite amusing; I actually read through all the words.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list