Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

The usually laid-back me unexpectedly has a gambling obsession!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-9-2023 14:00:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Jiten171 at 2023-9-1 16:32

I have a friend like this around me: he prefers things to be placed horizontally, even if others put them vertically. Even if something is securely fixed, he'll pry it open and rearrange it. He always feels that the windows and furniture at home are not clean enough. He uses a cloth and a brush every day to fuss around until he can see his own reflection before leaving satisfied. He takes a shower every other day, even if he has a cold, he won't budge from his routine. In his own words, if he doesn't shower, he can't sleep at night.

I told him he's a classic case of OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), but he argued back, saying I'm just too casual. Indeed, I'm a bit disorganized in daily life – my desk is cluttered with all sorts of things, books, papers, stationery strewn everywhere, and if I'm lucky, I might even find packs of snacks underneath the books. Of course, all of this is within the realm of normal life. Once I step into the world of gambling, I become a completely different person:

My libido drops dramatically – from three times a day to not even once in three days.
My solitary time increases – what was once a chatty bird becomes a silent lamb.
My smoking habit intensifies – from smoking one cigarette at a time to not even being satisfied with a whole pack!

Of course, some people might have other symptoms, but I won't go into detail here. Apart from these physiological changes, the more severe transformation is in the mind. I self-diagnose as having a gambling obsession, primarily manifested by:

1. Strictly controlling my betting amount, which has to include numbers like 6 or 8 for good luck.
2. Checking live scores every day, regardless of whether there's a match I'm interested in or not, even if it's just reading news on the platform.
3. Feeling the need to place bets daily – if I don't, it feels like something's missing from my day. I looked at last month's records and found that I placed over a hundred bets – I'm amazed at myself.

Well, the above is my self-diagnosis. I wonder if any of you have the same feeling. Feel free to share your thoughts!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-9-2023 06:49:18 | Show all posts
I also have OCD; I like to keep things organized. It makes me uncomfortable if someone else touches them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-9-2023 07:52:58 | Show all posts
There are so many people who gamble, and among them, there are individuals with various types of OCD.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-9-2023 08:12:55 | Show all posts
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is something that many people experience.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-9-2023 08:33:09 | Show all posts
I only know that I smoke heavily while losing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-9-2023 09:02:09 | Show all posts
His zodiac sign must be Virgo for sure.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits