The metaverse is changing the world

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-11-2023 12:58:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Shri at 22-12-2023 01:05 PM

The metaverse is changing the world, and this project has the potential to enter the Olympic Games!

Didn't I mention before that the metaverse is rapidly developing? The metaverse is indeed changing the direction of our future development, integrating into our society and making our lives more convenient and enriching~ With the 'presence' of the metaverse, we can overcome distances and have more opportunities and experiences. Today, I want to talk about a project that can be accomplished through virtual platforms, allowing us to enjoy the joy of competitions despite the pandemic~

In December of last year, the International Cycling Union (UCI) held the first Esports Cycling World Championships on the Watopia track of the Zwift virtual cycling training channel. This was the first esports cycling event recognized by a world-class official sports organization. In the competition, Zwift's gamified cycling channel provided each rider with 11 power-ups that, when used, could gain a speed advantage. Many participating athletes expressed that the feeling of participating in this virtual competition was fantastic. Maeghan Easler, a laboratory technician and one of the top electronic cyclists in the United States, recently qualified for the U.S. Cycling World Championships online. She hasn't decided whether to invite any friends or family to cheer for her in the competition, saying, 'Maybe it's just me vigorously pedaling in my apartment; it's really tough.' During the extended period of the pandemic, lockdowns and travel restrictions have promoted the popularity of electronic cycling. Platforms like Peloton and Wahoo have seen a significant increase in users, and Zwift is no exception.

Zwift is currently testing the compatibility of the Elite Sterzo smart steering wheel, which supports Bluetooth functionality. The Sterzo smart steering wheel is a rotating base installed under the front wheel of a bicycle, used to capture steering data, allowing riders to more accurately control their digital avatars and achieve realistic steering in races. The criteria for judging in the World Championships are speed and power, with the positioning of the riders in the main peloton automatically assigned. Female participants in the World Championships stand on an equal footing with male participants. The number of male and female participants in the competition is the same, and they will travel the same distance along the route, with the winner receiving equal prize money: $9,000 for the first place.

The future looks promising, and the metaverse is indeed changing our lives, perhaps influenced by the changes brought about by the pandemic. In the coming days, there may be more sports events held using virtual platforms for the Olympics. I wonder what everyone thinks about the metaverse?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-11-2023 13:28:01 | Show all posts
My imagination is really not expansive enough; why does the metaverse feel like something unimaginable?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-11-2023 13:31:35 | Show all posts
The metaverse can now enter the Olympics, huh?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-11-2023 21:29:11 | Show all posts
The metaverse is just a concept, and its realization will take at least several decades.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 25-11-2023 06:48:40 | Show all posts
I initially thought it would be a high-profile competition, but when I saw that the champion prize money was only $9,000, I was surprised.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 25-11-2023 07:08:51 | Show all posts
Whether esports is related to physical activity is a focal point of the discussion on whether it can enter the Olympics.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list