Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Ranking the best in each position: Canyon, Deft & Meiko included.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 12:52:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Shri at 22-12-2023 01:07 PM

November 16th News: The official LOL Esports YouTube channel released the fifth podcast featuring commentators and hosts Drakos, Azeal, Kobe, and Chronicler. The four discussed the GOAT (Greatest of All Time) team, referring to the historical best players in each position. Here is a translation of some key points from the discussion: (Reproduction without permission is prohibited, screenshots are for reference only).

——Top Lane

Azeal: I think the top lane is the most challenging, then there's Bengi, Faker, Ruler, and Mata.

Kobe: For top lane, I choose Smeb.

Chronicler: If we consider peak performance, TheShy is undoubtedly the historical best.

Azeal: But controversies arise; we need to consider achievements, stability, and longevity.

Chronicler: There hasn't been a consistently dominant top laner.

Azeal: Impact, I won't say he's the historical best top laner, but he's the best in LCS. In terms of career length, he's almost the longest, even though the overall level in LCS is lower.

Drakos: Among Western players, only Wunder is worth considering, given his achievements with G2. But they are not the top lane GOAT.

Chronicler: Smeb, Marin, and TheShy might be in contention. If TheShy wins this year's Worlds, the decision becomes easier.

Azeal: But TheShy has a very low floor. I've been a fan since 2017, and his performance in LPL in recent years is not up to par.

Kobe: Despite his past struggles, he found his way back here, and that's impressive. If he had consistently performed at a top level throughout his career, he would be the top lane GOAT.

——Jungle

Chronicler: Selecting a top jungle player is as difficult as the top lane.

Drakos: Bengi has the best achievements, but looking back...

Azeal: Bengi doesn't have dominance.

Drakos: Previous junglers had outstanding characteristics, but Bengi was like Faker's third summoner spell, challenging to label as the jungle GOAT.

Azeal: I agree with Kobe; if we talk about dominance, it's Canyon. Interestingly, everyone values different aspects. Bengi's multiple Worlds wins deserve respect. He's known as "The Jungle" for a reason. Although his peak dominance might not match other junglers, peak length and career achievements are essential when evaluating GOATs. If forced to choose, Canyon comes to mind, and no one else.

Chronicler: Looking back at past Worlds champions, DWG was exceptional in the jungle.

Kobe: SSW's Dandy was the same, and he and Mata were crazy together, changing the game's vision approach.

Chronicler: Although Canyon had fluctuations this year, jungle is the most dynamic position in League of Legends.

——Mid Lane

Chronicler: Let's pick the second-best mid laner in history since Faker is the first. Jatt said if Xiaohu wins this Worlds, he's indisputably the second-best mid laner. But for me, I'd think of Rookie first.

Azeal: Xiaohu has won three MSI championships.

Kobe: What's impressive is that he won MSI in both top and mid lanes.

Chronicler: The first time I heard Jatt say that, I was surprised because analyzing career achievements makes sense. But real-time displays of skill and impact are essential. Rookie and TheShy showcased outstanding skills in 2018.

Chronicler: How do you evaluate Chovy and Knight? Knight has an international championship, making his status higher than Chovy's.

Azeal: Rookie has a more enduring career; even when the team performs poorly, he excels. In my top five, I include Rookie, Scout, Xiaohu, and ShowMaker. I'd rank ShowMaker above Chovy because he has an international championship. Then there's Chovy, Knight, and Doinb.

——AD Carry

Chronicler: There are two choices for AD Carry.

Azeal: Ruler and Deft, right? Anyone else?

Drakos: Uzi doesn't have a Worlds championship.

Azeal: Deft and Uzi have played at a high level for a long time.

Drakos: Especially Deft, who won the Worlds last year.

Chronicler: Even if Deft didn't win the Worlds, he consistently performed well and reached Worlds, deserving high praise.

Chronicler: If we compare Ruler and Deft, if Ruler wins this Worlds, it would be a clear choice, but it's challenging now.

Kobe: Deft defeated Faker and T1 to win the Worlds last year. If Ruler does the same this year, the decision becomes much simpler.

Chronicler: Although Ruler took a long time to win the LCK, he consistently ranked top three and won the LPL, making it difficult to choose. If Ruler stayed in the LCK instead of going to the LPL, it would be challenging to rank him above Deft. But Ruler went to the LPL, won two LPL championships, and an MSI.

Drakos: Now, I think it's Deft.

Azeal: Deft's career longevity is stronger; Ruler debuted in 2016, while Deft has been playing since 2013.

Chronicler: But I think Ruler will surpass Deft because he has completed military service.

Drakos: We mentioned earlier that players with a supportive playstyle are often undervalued. Deft used to be a carry player and also played as a supportive teammate. If I had to choose a late-game carry AD Carry, I'd choose Ruler over Deft. If we look at career achievements and the time spent consistently at a high level, then I'd choose Deft.

Chronicler: If we only consider the peak, JackeyLove might also be considered. But I value career longevity more.

Azeal: Only considering the peak, there's also Uzi.

Kobe: AD carries from Uzi's era consider him the GOAT, gaining inspiration from him.

——Support

Chronicler: Meiko.

Azeal: I think it's Meiko and Mata.

Chronicler: Meiko had a subpar performance this year, but looking at his entire career.

Drakos: I think he was the best LPL support for a long time and finally won the 2021 Worlds. He's the signature star of EDG, even though others left. Mata was unique in terms of innovation; he redefined the game with Dandy. It's challenging to choose, but I currently prefer Meiko because winning the Worlds this year is very challenging.

Chronicler: I also want to mention Wolf, who played with Faker. He's underrated because he played alongside Faker and had a less impressive career ending.

Drakos: This is why it's challenging to choose Bengi.

Azeal: It's both a positive and a negative; winning multiple Worlds with Faker.

Drakos: I think in the next few years, a third name will enter the discussion. I think it's Keria if he can maintain this level.

Chronicler: BeryL? I was joking.

Drakos: Isn't BeryL just judged based on achievements?

Chronicler: BeryL is a bit like the top lane equivalent in the support role.

The other three disagreed with strange exclamations.

Azeal: Who has seen BeryL dominate during the laning phase?

Drakos: It's quite the opposite; he leaves the AD Carry alone in the lane and goes to help other positions.

Azeal: Just because BeryL picks many unconventional champions, it doesn't mean he's the support equivalent of TheShy.

——Summary

Top Lane: Vacant;

Jungle: Canyon;

Mid Lane: Faker;

AD Carry: Deft;

Support: Meiko.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 12:59:43 | Show all posts
Two championships aren't Duke's?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 13:02:35 | Show all posts
GOAT ADC - Uzi

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 13:07:35 | Show all posts
Vacant - Canyon, Faker, Ruler, Beryl

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 21:33:07 | Show all posts
Nice!  !!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-11-2023 07:46:53 | Show all posts
Drakos: Uzi hasn't won a World Championship.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-11-2023 08:05:02 | Show all posts
Beryl manages to bring innovations to the support role in every international tournament.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list