Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

High transfer fee pressure?Billionaire Mr. Rice unhappy with high selling price!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-11-2023 09:22:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
Nowadays, football player valuations are inflating, and many stars that would never have commanded a hundred-million-pound transfer fee before are now being sold for such amounts. The immense transfer fees bring not only great expectations but also pressure, causing many 'millionaires' to buckle under the strain. How does the latest member of the hundred-million-pound club, Arsenal midfielder Declan Rice, view his £105 million transfer fee?

Since his summer move from West Ham to Arsenal for £105 million, Declan Rice has performed exceptionally well, silencing those who doubted whether he justified such a hefty price tag. Reports suggest that Arsenal is satisfied with the return on this investment, firmly believing they paid the right price. However, Rice himself recently stated in an interview that he is not happy with being tagged with such a high price.

He admitted it's hard to accept the £105 million valuation and expressed feeling nervous when the transfer was happening. Rice later said, 'It's a natural thing to think about because you're someone bought for £105 million, and it doesn't feel quite normal. But that's because of my performances at West Ham; that's how they valued me. When I signed for Arsenal, I just thought, be Declan Rice, do what I do, don't change anything, and everything will go smoothly.'

He compared himself to his national team colleague Jack Grealish, who faced a tougher time after his move to Manchester City for the same price. Grealish didn't immediately secure a starting spot and spent time on the bench, which can be even more challenging for a player with a £100 million price tag. Rice expressed his happiness at seamlessly fitting into Arsenal's system and performing well. However, he acknowledged that he is far from his peak and still has many areas to improve, committing to stay humble and continue progressing.

Players are human too, and a hundred-million-pound valuation brings pressure. How they handle this pressure determines whether they can ascend to the level of top-tier players who have experienced similar challenges.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-11-2023 09:38:11 | Show all posts
The transfer fee is primarily a matter between football clubs, whereas players are more concerned about their salaries or signing bonuses. A high player valuation doesn't necessarily equate to a higher income for the player.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-11-2023 12:37:31 | Show all posts
Rice is indeed an outstanding player. If he had been at Arsenal last season, I believe Arsenal wouldn't have handed the league title to Manchester City in the final few rounds. But to be honest, players in the Premier League, especially those with English citizenship, often come with a premium price tag. Although inflation is severe now, and money is becoming less valuable, Premier League players, especially those with English passports, are still priced higher than players from other leagues. The pressure that comes with high transfer fees is significant. If they perform well, fans would consider it justified. However, if they fail to deliver, they are prone to criticism. After all, they are considered high-end purchases, and if they don't perform well, who else can the fans blame?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-11-2023 12:43:37 | Show all posts
Several high-priced players at Arsenal are currently facing this pressure because the team is not achieving results, and the expensive acquisitions are not living up to expectations. The pressure on the players will continue to grow, and their performance may suffer. So, without a certain level of mental resilience or consistent on-field performance, a high transfer fee can become a burden. Fortunately, Rice's performance so far has been quite good. I hope he can help Arsenal fulfill their Premier League title dreams this season. As an Arsenal fan, I haven't had much to celebrate in the past 20 years. Haha.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 11:08:41 | Show all posts
Rice is not only a key figure in Arsenal's midfield but also an indispensable player for the English midfield. His defensive skills, sweeping ability, and passing prowess are all excellent, and he is also quite young. In the current football landscape, his combination of pedigree and ability justifies his market value.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-11-2023 08:03:08 | Show all posts
Indeed, it is a pressure, or one could say that individuals with a sense of responsibility often experience this kind of pressure. Otherwise, it's just spending money, which is someone else's affair.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-11-2023 09:42:32 | Show all posts
Rice, this guy, is good. He understands the feeling of being praised. Indeed, when you're at the top, you become an easy target for others.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list