Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 2

The essence of poker is a mathematical game.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 20:36:24 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Indra55 at 22-12-2023 04:35 AM

Poker is essentially mathematics. If you want to conquer the game of live poker, you must first learn the knowledge and understand the rules of the game. Isn't it the same for tasks in life and work? There's an old saying: 'Do your best and leave the rest to fate.' Preparing in advance is a prerequisite for increasing the chances of success. If you don't do your homework in advance and harbor fantasies about the results, that is the real 'DB' (Donkey Behavior).

I once suffered losses from blindly investing in stocks. Reflecting on this lesson, I realized I had never studied stocks but fantasized about making money based on 'probability.' This is precisely a form of 'DB' behavior. If I had invested the same funds in poker, a game I spent time learning, it would have brought me more certain returns. Therefore, 'DB' is an attitude, not a form.

Respect, learn, apply rules, and let the results be determined by probability. This is the first principle I learned from playing cards. Abandonment is a part of success. The biggest failure in poker is feeling defeated by oneself, often manifested in an inability to let go. In the poker club games, you must learn the art of giving up:

1) Learn to abandon strong hands in hand and invest resources in the strongest advantage. Sometimes, your hand may be really strong, perhaps a straight, flush, or even a full house. However, various signs indicate that your opponent may have the nuts (the best possible hand), and you, at best, have the second-best hand. You have a sense of awareness but are reluctant to fold. After you call, your opponent reveals a hand that beats yours, and you are defeated by your own obsession.

Whenever there is a crossroads in life, how should you choose? When doing something, where should you allocate your resources? Remember that my former boss once pondered for a long time, cut off the company's second-largest 'cash cow' business, and concentrated resources on developing new business. A year later, the company's revenue doubled. You should go all out in the most advantageous field, as your second-best hand may sometimes consume too much of your energy.

Reevaluate and drop your 'cheating device' in the poker circle at the right time. The worst thing is holding onto the second-best hand and refusing to let go."""

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 21:13:45 | Show all posts
"It's indeed a game of numbers."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits