Reply: 4

Powell: LeBron can dominate the Raptors every year

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 10-11-2023 09:28:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
On November 1st, Clippers guard Norman Powell recently took part in a podcast interview with his teammate, Paul George.

When asked why that Raptors team couldn't go further, Powell said, "LeBron James."

George: "That's probably the reason for many."

Powell: "LeBron can dominate us every year. My rookie season was when we played our best series against him. We went to Game 6. After that, it was good night. It's like no matter what we did, he had a counter. We would come to the frontcourt, and he would call out our tactics. From start to finish, you know, the plays, the cuts, you need to do this, do that, he could break down the tactics. He would say, 'The ball is eventually going to JV (Jonas Valančiūnas) in the back.' He knew our tactics, he knew their tactics. And he's out there yelling it to make his team adjust to our defensive strategies."

George: "I have to give it to him as well. Same thing. Because Dwyane Wade struggled at one point in our series against them, and we thought, 'This is great. LeBron is going crazy, but if Wade is struggling like this, we still have a chance.' But LeBron just took it to another level, it's amazing."

Powell: "You're powerless against that."

George: "It bought time for Wade. Ironically, Wade's coach was at IU, and he went there to recover. When he came back, he was killing it."

Powell: "Even when we were the top seed in the East, LeBron started hitting seven or eight consecutive turnaround jumpers, all swishes. And we played excellent defense. It's moments like these that made us think, 'Let's blame it on this.'"

Please note that this is a translation of a conversation and may not be a verbatim transcript.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-11-2023 09:54:06 | Show all posts
At that time, it was really just eating and sleeping.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-11-2023 10:08:23 | Show all posts
The Clippers can beat the Lakers every year now, whether the main players are playing or not.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-11-2023 10:25:29 | Show all posts
DeRozan: Let me talk about this.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-11-2023 12:43:12 | Show all posts
I'm a Warriors fan, but now I support the Clippers.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list