Reply: 4

In gambling, assess your limits and avoid going all-in

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-11-2023 06:39:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
I just attended a funeral, came home, took a shower, and sat in front of the computer, lost in thought for a long time. You might be wondering what's going on.

Let me explain. It's about my colleague's situation. My colleague was 33 years old and had borrowed a lot of money for stock trading, but he ended up with significant losses. Last week, he tragically took his own life by jumping from a building. I've been contemplating whether to share this with you for a while. It's a very negative and distressing topic, but after careful consideration, I've decided to share it with you in the hope that it serves as a cautionary tale. Please avoid borrowing money for investments or gambling; it's truly dangerous.

Let me tell you about my colleague, whom I'll call Xiaolong. Xiaolong was young and promising, handsome, happily married with a set of twins, and his wife was a flight attendant. His parents were retired government officials, and they had a very happy family. I had no idea he was involved in such intense stock trading and high leverage. He had engaged in off-exchange financing with leverage exceeding ten times. When the stock market turned unfavorable recently, he incurred significant losses, and it was all borrowed money. Regrettably, he chose to end his life, putting an end to his own story. With his passing, his family, his parents, and his wife were left devastated. His two young children, who couldn't comprehend the concept of death, were left without a father.

In a nutshell, my colleague faced severe financial losses due to his aggressive stock trading, leading to his decision to end his life. Unfortunately, his actions have left his family in turmoil.

Whether it's gambling or investment, the principle is the same: be cautious and act within your means. Many companies have a statement on their websites that I'd like to share with you: "Gambling is not a matter of life and death. You must be steady and not act impulsively. Entertainment comes first." Gambling and investments are meant to provide entertainment and recreation, not a path to quick riches. Treating these activities as an enemy and trying to beat them is a fundamentally wrong approach. So if you have such thoughts, please correct them and don't let misguided beliefs cloud your judgment.

I don't want to lose any more friends, whether in real life or online. I wish everyone a safe, healthy, and peaceful life. Making money is not something that happens overnight. Stay steady, take it slowly, and keep going.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 7-11-2023 10:24:11 | Show all posts
Unfortunately, it's difficult when you're directly involved, and there's no way around it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 7-11-2023 11:47:43 | Show all posts
I'm feeling really uncomfortable.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 7-11-2023 11:49:59 | Show all posts
This is definitely something that should be played according to one's own abilities.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-11-2023 12:36:20 | Show all posts
It's quite distressing to hear this news.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list