Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

Non-intervention ≠ Evil; Helping ≠ Good.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-11-2023 12:32:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Shri333 at 27-12-2023 11:20 AM

I'm not sure if everyone remembers, but I once brought up a topic for discussion, which is about letting go of the urge to help others and respecting their fate. I emphasized the idea of not readily offering assistance, and some people thought I had an inhumane perspective. They accused me of being heartless and a bad person. I didn't get a chance to delve deeper into this topic back then due to a busy schedule, but today, I've had some time to gather my thoughts.

So, the question we're addressing is whether or not we should help others. What I meant by not helping others is not an extreme never help anyone stance. For instance, if you see a child fall down while walking, and there are no adults around, it's perfectly fine to help the child get up. Or if you see an elderly lady struggling to cross the street, it's okay to assist her. These are the kind of situations where helping is encouraged.

What I mean by not helping others is when our assistance contradicts their destiny. For example, if you encounter someone who is determined to take their own life and has lost the will to live, it's best to keep your distance. Saving them once would only provide them with another chance to continue causing harm to themselves and others.

Another scenario is lending money to someone for their business or to buy property, cars, etc. If they don't have the money, let them live within their means. There's no need to lend them money.

There are also those individuals who engage in unlawful or unethical activities and seek your help, promising a reward. You should steer clear of such situations.

The three points I mentioned go against the natural law of survival, so it's best to avoid getting involved in these cases.

Some people act as if they are reincarnations of Guanyin (the Goddess of Mercy) and want to help everyone who's not doing well, or they feel compelled to donate money when they see someone struggling. I'd like to ask, what does someone else's well-being or financial situation have to do with you? Each person has their own destiny and is meant to go through their own hardships from the moment they are born. Helping them once may make you feel like you're aiding them, but in reality, you may be causing them more harm. There might be greater and more serious calamities awaiting them in the future.

So, it all comes down to respecting the fate of others and letting go of the urge to help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-11-2023 19:19:14 | Show all posts
Saving lives and assisting the injured is a doctor's duty, not helping in a life-threatening situation is a matter of ethics, but whether it is possible to save them is a scientific issue.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 2-11-2023 08:32:08 | Show all posts
My perspective is: Help the needy in emergencies, such as illness requiring hospitalization; these are situations that should be assisted.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 2-11-2023 10:32:10 | Show all posts
People tend to have the belief that "less trouble is better than more trouble."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list