Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

Traffic at All Costs! TikTok Spurs Reckless Challenges, Defying Personal Safety.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 30-8-2023 14:39:16 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Some people will do anything for attention! Recently, TikTok has suddenly started a new trend. While challenges like the ""big eater"" challenge are nothing new, this time the challenge involves trying to eat borax, laundry detergent, and even drinking insecticides. This terrifying challenge has caught the attention of experts who have spoken out about it.

Back in 2018, there was a trend of ""eating laundry pods"" on TikTok, where many people followed the trend. Some even died from poisoning after mistakenly ingesting laundry pods. Poison experts quickly intervened, emphasizing the dangers of ingesting cleaning agents - ranging from mild symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting to life-threatening conditions. Fortunately, this trend gradually faded away, and the challenge disappeared.

Surprisingly, a similar trend has resurfaced recently. It started with some people believing that consuming borax could treat inflammation. This led to the idea of adding borax to beverages or coffee, making it seem like a popular practice. Borax is commonly found in laundry detergent and insecticides. Strangely, people started taking the challenge to the extreme, eating laundry detergent and drinking insecticides for the sake of making videos.

It's baffling that with a world full of delicious food, some people choose to eat borax, insecticides, and laundry detergent. Do you know what harm borax can cause to the human body? According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health, ingesting borax can lead to symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, excitement, depression, and seizures. In severe cases, it can cause skin inflammation, hair loss, and even kidney failure. Ingesting between 15,000 and 20,000 milligrams of borax can lead to death.

These dangerous challenges have caught the attention of Dr. Kelly Johnson-Arbor, a toxicologist. She points out that borax is a toxic compound and that there is no medical evidence suggesting that eating borax is beneficial to human health. Another chemistry doctoral student also warned on their TikTok account, advising against blindly following such trends. Eating borax has no benefits and can lead to kidney failure, impact the reproductive system, and even cause developmental issues.

Not too long ago, I saw a blogger swallow a cockroach for attention. At that time, I found it revolting, mainly because I'm afraid of cockroaches. I thought the blogger was going to great lengths for attention. Now, compared to eating laundry detergent or insecticides, eating a cockroach seems safer! Have you seen other exaggerated behaviors people do for attention?"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 31-8-2023 08:34:18 | Show all posts
Even a madman wouldn't do something like this, after all, life is the most important thing for everyone. Traffic can be exchanged for money, but not for life.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 31-8-2023 08:42:50 | Show all posts
This is fighting with one's life; you have to admire their determination. Everyone has their own choices.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 31-8-2023 13:19:06 | Show all posts
I used to really enjoy watching mukbangs. Seeing them eat while I had instant noodles in my hand made the noodles taste even better.

Mukbangs were originally a great profession because we're all human and have an endless fascination with food. However, live streaming later started to lose its charm....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 1-9-2023 11:26:42 | Show all posts
If these things are true, I can only say that these people are beyond help and are truly insane.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list