Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

Will test cricket survive in the future?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-8-2023 18:43:21 | Show all posts |Read mode
With T20 league cricket and T20 tournaments making the popularity charts across the globe and allowing even associate nations to flex their skills, test matches are seen as passe. Will test cricket survive? Let's find out:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-8-2023 19:12:26 | Show all posts
100% it will survive.
As an old-school person, I believe test matches will surely survive, based on a few measures that ICC needs to take care of. Firstly, they should allow the existing struggling nations with infrastructure and encouragement to boost their test cricket players and encourage more to play more test games in any year. With this basic step, test matches could see a resurgence in the global stage.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-8-2023 19:24:57 | Show all posts
It will in my opinion.
Test cricket is the pinnacle and the original form of the game of cricket. The fanfare, popularity, and growth of test matches have led to the sport having some legendary players. With the T20 matches, the viewership might have gone less, but ICC has made great moves like the introduction of Day-Night test matches and including newer associate nations in test matches. With so many positives, I feel test matches would survive for good,

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-8-2023 19:41:05 | Show all posts
Tough times ahead!
The future of test cricket looks bleak. For such an iconic game with its rich 100+ years history, test cricket is losing a battle versus T20 and shorter league formats. With modern adaptations of T20 events catching up, the decline of test viewership has gone down globally. Unless the ICC pulls up strong reforms, the future looks bleak for test matches.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list