Search
Reply: 5

Weekly 20 Ringgit - Enough for Food?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 13-10-2023 08:59:26 | Show all posts |Read mode
"20 Malaysian Ringgit is barely enough to buy anything nowadays, especially in the face of inflation. Family expenses have increased by about 40%, and it's becoming difficult to afford even a bottle of cooking oil with this amount. Seeing this news makes me really angry. In one Malaysian household, a husband has been giving his wife only 20 Malaysian Ringgit per week for family expenses, and the main concern is, how can a family of five survive on 20 Ringgit per week?

In Malaysia, there's a man who has been addicted to gambling after marriage and has never cared about his wife and children's lives. He has been giving his wife only 20 Malaysian Ringgit per week for household expenses, and the significant point here is that this family of five, including three children, has to manage their expenses with this meager amount.

A Malaysian Islamic lawyer, Amalina, recently shared this woman's story on Facebook. She mentioned that the victim had been married to her husband for 8 years and they had three children. After marriage, she obediently followed her husband's wishes and quit her job to take care of everything at home. Initially, when they first got married, she didn't think much about it because her husband said he could afford the family's expenses. But now, after 8 years, she gets only 20 Malaysian Ringgit per week, which also has to cover the children's school expenses and pocket money.

Thankfully, the victim has a good sister who supports her with 150 Malaysian Ringgit per month. Whenever the victim discusses how 20 Ringgit is not sufficient for their needs, her husband gets angry and threatens to divorce her. The sad part is that her husband doesn't like to eat the food she cooks; he prefers to dine outside and rarely comes home for meals.

What makes the victim even more disheartened is that her husband often spends all the money on gambling and even helps his friends repay their gambling debts. Tragedies like this happen all too often in the world.

While they say it's better to be slapped than divorced, this is just too much. Deceiving my feelings may be one thing, but you can't deceive my money. Because I can love many people in this lifetime, but I really don't have much money. After all, there are three things you should take care of when you step out, and everything requires money!"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 13-10-2023 12:47:25 | Show all posts
Ending one's life for the sake of gambling is really not worth it... Why do it?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 13-10-2023 12:51:54 | Show all posts
If it were me, I would get a divorce.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 13-10-2023 23:39:38 | Show all posts
This man is really too much.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 14-10-2023 07:07:17 | Show all posts
Can't this woman go out and work on her own? Is it necessary for her to endure such hardship?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 14-10-2023 08:10:35 | Show all posts
If it's not enough, then you should go and earn it yourself.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list