Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 2

The new Bucks are aiming for another championship!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 10-10-2023 08:48:32 | Show all posts |Read mode

Giannis on Contract and Team Operations:

In this year's summer, Giannis initially stated in an interview that he wouldn't renew his contract for the time being, but his attitude has changed now. Giannis said, "From a financial perspective, signing a contract now doesn't make sense because money isn't important, (smiles) a lot of money is important, so I'll sign next year. I want to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the remainder of my career, as long as we're winning, the team's commitment to me is there."

When talking about his new teammate Lillard, Giannis doesn't hold back his praise. He said, "I think we're the same kind of people, just different body sizes; we're cut from the same cloth. Having a guy like him on the team is incredible! Our goals are the same, the desire to win is very strong. We have to play games. We won't just talk about it but actually play the games. There will be a lot of hype surrounding us, more televised games, more discussions about us. But it's not as simple as making a trade and winning a championship. Since I became the leader of the team, I've been saying the same thing, and that is, I want to win games. No matter how, I'm not satisfied. I want to win a championship."

When asked about the departure of Holiday, Giannis said, "We lost a great player, but more importantly, a great person. His energy is infectious. Whenever you're with him, he's always positive, always happy. He's someone you're always willing to go into battle with. We'll definitely miss him. He'll always be a champion. He'll always be my friend, the best person I've ever met."

Lillard on Joining the Bucks:

In a recent three-team trade, Lillard was sent to the Bucks, and he appeared at the event today wearing the #0 jersey. When asked about his thoughts on joining the Bucks, Lillard said, "I think the extent of my desire to win is not a secret. That's why we're here today because they and I share the desire to win."

Recalling the entire trade process, Lillard said, "Initially, it was hard for me to understand the situation of being traded. I kept asking myself, 'Am I really traded?' Then I started thinking about the team. Who was I traded to? Then I checked and saw what kind of team I was joining, and I got excited. (Rumors of joining the Bucks) appeared two weeks ago, and I was interested in it."

When asked about his defense and partnership with Giannis, Lillard said, "If you look at my improvement on the defensive end, you'll see that my defense has gotten better year by year. I know where I should be on the court, how to rotate, and how to team defend. I'm not going to defend like Holiday, but I'll compete. I'm not an easy person to beat. I've already thought about the pick-and-roll with Giannis. I don't know how opponents are going to defend us."

Team Owner and GM on Summer Changes:

Suns owner Edens was interviewed, and he responded to the coaching change in the team. He said, "Firing Budenholzer was a tough decision, but we felt the team needed a new voice. New coach Griffin has been an assistant coach for some of the best coaches in the league. He is the most qualified person to be the head coach, with strong energy, abilities, passion, and a strong desire to win."

The team's general manager, Horst, talked about Lillard's trade: "I think this is the third or fourth time in the last 25 years that a team, with an already top player, can acquire another top player. We will always be grateful to Jrue Holiday."

There's no doubt that for this brand-new Bucks team, their goal for the new season is clear - the championship. Can they erase the shame of last season's upset and win the championship again? Let's wait and see.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-10-2023 09:47:27 | Show all posts
Not winning the championship equals failure series.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-10-2023 11:13:02 | Show all posts
Support!!!!!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list