Reply: 5

Can diligence really lead to wealth?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 14:46:01 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Lately, I keep seeing discussions about whether hard work can lead to wealth. This is a topic I've been wanting to talk about for a while, but I haven't had the time. Today, I'm at home resting, so I want to discuss whether hard work and diligence can really make you rich.

""Hardworking"" and ""diligent"" are positive and uplifting words. In the past, if you described someone as hardworking and able to endure hardship, others would think you were praising them. However, it's different now. If you say someone can endure hardship, the other person might feel you're belittling them or mocking them. This is because there's a saying circulating among people these days: ""If you can endure hardship, you'll never run out of it.""

To address whether hard work and diligence can lead to wealth, let me give you an example. There's a food delivery driver who lives downstairs from me. Every morning, they wake up at 6 a.m. to start delivering food orders and work until 10 p.m. They work about 15 hours a day, making around $1,300 USD per month. But is this considered getting rich? It doesn't even reach the threshold of a comfortable life. Moreover, this income comes from working extremely hard, trading their health for about $1,300 USD a month. It's not worth it at all.

So, I believe that diligence alone cannot make you wealthy. Whether or not you become wealthy depends on various factors beyond just hard work. What do you all think? Please feel free to share your thoughts, and let's have an open discussion."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 22:29:21 | Show all posts
Being diligent may not necessarily lead to wealth, but being lazy certainly won't.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 22:46:18 | Show all posts
Diligence can improve your quality of life, but it may not necessarily make you rich, unless you also practice frugality.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-10-2023 07:22:52 | Show all posts
Diligence is always much better than laziness.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-10-2023 08:24:08 | Show all posts
Diligence can lead to wealth, but gambling definitely won't.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-10-2023 08:34:57 | Show all posts
Can diligence really lead to wealth?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list