Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Let's talk about teams and players in the transfer market, who has more say?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 28-9-2023 07:45:01 | Show all posts |Read mode
In recent years, there have been more examples of players seeking transfers through strikes, including Anthony at Manchester United, who joined the club after a similar situation. Personally, I don't particularly like this approach because I believe it disrespects the existing team.

Players and teams have signed contracts, so those contracts should be respected. If players from smaller teams can successfully transfer to bigger clubs through strikes, who will protect the interests of these smaller teams? These smaller clubs can't compete financially with the bigger ones. I'm not completely against players moving to bigger clubs, as these clubs offer more exposure and higher wages. However, there are various ways to seek a transfer, so why choose this method?

Some less experienced smaller teams end up selling players they didn't want to sell just to minimize their losses. Smarter clubs, like Brighton, might suspend a player from training until the transfer window closes, avoiding further controversies. But not all clubs are as rational and skilled as Brighton, so I believe cases of players seeking transfers through strikes will only increase in the future.

We're definitely in the era of money-driven football, and though Manchester United might be considered a victim of this trend, I still think it's essential to discuss this issue. Football's ecosystem should be a bottom-up system, and smaller clubs have their value. I hope that the unequal playing field between clubs and players can be improved soon. Strikes as a means to secure transfers should be discouraged, and the sooner they disappear, the better in my opinion.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-9-2023 08:47:53 | Show all posts
Who holds more authority in transfer matters definitely varies depending on the individual and the situation, and there can't be a one-size-fits-all conclusion!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-9-2023 09:50:25 | Show all posts
I share your perspective! Even though I may not have an in-depth understanding of this field, just observing such behavior makes me feel like it's akin to an elementary school student refusing to do homework to demand candy from the teacher/parents - it seems a bit childish.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-9-2023 11:46:26 | Show all posts
If a player were to hold things this way, it would be too passive. If I were in charge, I'd kick him out directly.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-9-2023 13:19:11 | Show all posts
The gravitational pull of the big leagues is too evident, and small clubs are left with the task of nurturing players. Once self-interest outweighs conscience, individuals are prone to go astray, and these players just run away!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 28-9-2023 14:04:00 | Show all posts
The most crucial factor here is definitely money, and it often aligns with the interests of the clubs.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list