Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Are people still going on blind dates these days?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-9-2023 21:48:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Iti9 at 22-12-2023 09:39 AM

The other day, I had a topic about how women need a career to have confidence, and after reading everyone's replies, most of them thought that women need a job to have confidence. Actually, I know why. My older sister, who is 35 years old, has a successful career and has saved up quite a bit of money. However, she's still not married, or rather, she's not single but involved with a married man, which everyone calls being a "third party" in a relationship. Our parents are unaware of this, so recently, our family suggested that my older sister go on a blind date with a man from our hometown. He had worked in Beijing for several years, achieved success in his career, and wanted to invite my sister out for a meal. My older sister has always been laid-back and straightforward, so she immediately refused our parents' suggestion to go on a blind date. I felt worried for her because she's passing up the opportunity to settle down with a great partner, choosing instead to be a "third party."

Later, my older sister told me that she had considered blind dates before but didn't like the experience. She found it awkward and uncomfortable. She mentioned that in this day and age, going on blind dates to find a spouse felt embarrassing. I know that my older sister has missed out on many past relationships, with each one ending in breakups, and over time, she focused on building her career. Now that she has some achievements in her career, she enjoys her freedom and doesn't want to invest too much emotion or responsibility into a relationship, even if it means being a "third party."

So, here's my question: Is going on a blind date embarrassing? Personally, I think it can be a positive way to meet someone, especially when two people who have never met before come together due to fate. Of course, just because you go on a blind date doesn't mean you have to get married. You can go with the flow, see if you like the person, and if not, you can always become regular friends and expand your social circle. Nowadays, many young people are so busy with their careers that they neglect finding a partner. That's why I think blind dates can be a good option and shouldn't be seen as embarrassing. Overall, I believe the benefits of blind dates outweigh the drawbacks! What do you all think?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-9-2023 22:16:52 | Show all posts
Blind dates can also be a way for people to find true love, so let's not completely dismiss them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-9-2023 22:49:05 | Show all posts
What's embarrassing about blind dates?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-9-2023 23:23:10 | Show all posts
Blind date women have the upper hand, after all, it's usually the men who pay.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-9-2023 09:46:29 | Show all posts
There are still plenty of people participating in blind dates.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 27-9-2023 11:04:14 | Show all posts
If you want to give it a try, go ahead. Meeting more people and getting to know them can help you see how you feel, and who knows, you might find someone you really like.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-9-2023 12:30:54 | Show all posts
How could you have such thoughts about serious blind dating?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list