Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Unbelievable! 5 million pesos for a share of the 'Marcos Family Gold'!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 12:33:05 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Shri333 at 27-12-2023 11:33 AM

Really?! Investing 5 million pesos can get you a share of the Marcos Family Gold! Would you believe it if you received such a message? Oh my goodness, please don't believe it! Just recently, a businessman from Mindanao, Philippines, reportedly fell victim to a criminal syndicate scam, losing 5 million US dollars. The syndicate claimed to be selling Marcos Family Gold stored in the Central Bank of the Philippines, valued at 17 trillion US dollars in pesos.

The victim, a supporter of the Marcos family, explained, Because the people who deceived me are over 80 years old, I easily trusted them. Who would think they would deceive me? They presented many seemingly legitimate documents and government identity cards. The victim said that one of the scammers even showed him a certificate of ownership for the gold, claiming that the signatory was Benjamin Diokno, the Secretary of the Department of Finance (DOF). However, upon closer inspection, the victim discovered that the signer was Benjamin Diokno Santiago, which raised suspicions.

Furthermore, the scammers repeatedly demanded additional investments, further increasing the victim's doubts about the transaction. In the complaint filed with the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), the victim claimed that the head of the criminal syndicate was Aniano Gemina of the NBI, who posed as the CEO of a loan company called Real Mines Development Corporation. According to Gemina, the Central Bank of the Philippines required the presentation of alleged safekeeping receipts from Haggai Precious Metals Trading Company to purchase the gold at the price of 17 trillion US dollars.

To be honest, if an 80-year-old person told me this news, I might also believe them because I would think that they are so old, why would they lie? But it's a classic case of too good to be true! As we all know, the time and effort to earn money is irreplaceable, and every dollar is hard-earned. If one is inadvertently scammed, it's game over! I believe everyone on the forum has experienced this feeling. Just like if you've worked hard to earn a payout, and then the company disappears, all the invested capital and effort would be in vain, and that would truly be heartbreaking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 12:45:05 | Show all posts
I, for one, don't believe that a pie will fall into my lap.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 12:49:39 | Show all posts
There are so many scams out there, and it's hard to defend against all of them. However, as long as you stay vigilant and don't entertain unrealistic expectations, you won't fall victim to them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 12:53:56 | Show all posts
It's hard to imagine that an 80-year-old uncle would still engage in scams, right? It's quite unbelievable! Nowadays, scammers really do come in all age groups.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 13:05:51 | Show all posts
Rest assured, scammers of this caliber will never target regular folks like us. After all, we simply can't come up with 5 million to be swindled. If we don't even have 5,000, how could we manage 5 million? It just goes to show that being financially modest has its advantages.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 21:33:16 | Show all posts
"Pies don't fall from the sky, that's an age-old truth. When someone tells you it's easy to make money from them, that's when they're trying to make money off of you. From this incident, I've learned another lesson: the less someone looks like a scammer, the more likely they are to be one. After all, their goal is to deceive us by making us believe they're not scammers. So, whether they look the part or not, anything that promises easy and substantial earnings is the biggest scam.
"

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list