Reply: 4

Lucky in gambling; baccarat arrives when it's time

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 05:47:42 | Show all posts |Read mode

In gambling, aside from skill, luck plays a significant role as well. In my youth, "Zeng Guang Xian Wen," a book of proverbs from the "Tong Sheng" (a type of almanac), was my extracurricular reading material. Phrases like "Don't trust someone who is too straightforward; beware of kindness that might not be true," "It's harder to save distant water when there's a fire nearby; a close neighbor is better than a distant relative," and "When you blame others, also examine yourself; when you forgive yourself, also understand others" were deeply ingrained in my mind.

As I delved further into the study of gambling, I gained a deeper understanding of phrases like "When the time comes, the wind carries news to Tengwang Pavilion; when luck changes, thunder resounds over the Recommended Blessings Stele," and "To enter the gate, don't ask about success or failure; just by looking at your demeanor, one can tell."

Some of my comrades, before leaving home each day, would look in the mirror, observing their aura. Unfortunately, most couldn't achieve "avoiding calamity when it's favorable." They charged forward regardless, without distinguishing between major and minor matters.

The phrases "When the time comes, the wind carries news to Tengwang Pavilion" and "When luck changes, thunder resounds over the Recommended Blessings Stele" both recount true stories from ancient times. The former tells the tale of Li Shimin, Emperor Taizong of the Tang Dynasty, who appointed his younger brother, Prince Teng, as the governor of Hongzhou. Prince Teng was given vast powers over military and civil affairs, and he was fond of extravagance and grand construction projects. By the banks of the Gan River, he built the magnificent Tengwang Pavilion.

On the day of its completion, Prince Teng hosted a grand banquet in the pavilion, entertaining local officials and literati. He invited them to compose an impromptu poem, "Tengwang Pavilion Preface," to commemorate the occasion. Wang Bo, the son of the county magistrate of Nanchang, had traveled from his hometown to visit his father, who planned to bring him along to the celebration.

However, on the day of departure, as they sailed on the river and were still 800 li (around 400 kilometers) away from Nanchang, the boat encountered strong headwinds. The boatmen estimated that they wouldn't reach Nanchang in time for the event.

Unexpectedly, a strong tailwind suddenly began to blow, and Wang Bo's boat miraculously reached Nanchang within a single day. He arrived just in time to participate in the celebration. Prince Teng invited the literati at the banquet to compose poems, knowing that he had high expectations for literary talent. They were all hesitant, not daring to volunteer, as they believed that modesty was better than showing off.

Unbeknownst to them, Prince Teng had already prepared a pre-written preface, intending to showcase it later. However, he didn't anticipate that a young boy of 14, Wang Bo, would step forward and start writing a poem on the spot.

The most displeased person was undoubtedly Prince Teng, who thought the boy was causing trouble. He ordered his guards to monitor the situation closely, with each sentence Wang Bo wrote being immediately passed along.

However, when Wang Bo wrote the lines "The setting sun and the solitary goose fly together; the autumn water stretches to the sky, all in one color," Prince Teng stood up in amazement. He marveled at the boy's talent and personally walked over to Wang Bo, observing as he continued writing.

Gambling shares similarities with this story. When encountering a winning streak and favorable conditions, one should approach it with an appreciative attitude, as if the wind is carrying news to Tengwang Pavilion.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 06:55:05 | Show all posts
In real life, there are wins and losses; it's just a matter of embracing this fact.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 06:56:46 | Show all posts
Among all these games, the one I enjoy playing the most is live dealer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 07:52:18 | Show all posts
As long as you stay consistent in live games, you will eventually achieve the results you desire.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 24-9-2023 08:24:12 | Show all posts
I think baccarat is also quite good.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list