Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Competing While Lying Flat? You Can Win Prizes as Long as You Can Stay Flat!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-9-2023 06:39:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
Modern society has seen the rise of the "lying flat" movement, but have you ever thought that lying flat can also be turned into a competition, with the most successful "lying flat" person even winning a €1000 prize? Actually, this "lying flat" competition is not what we usually think of as lying flat; it's about literally lying in bed. The longer you stay lying down, enduring until other participants are eliminated, the closer you get to winning the €1000 prize. So, what's the story behind this peculiar "World's Laziest Competition"?

This "World's Laziest Competition" takes place in Montenegro, a country located on the Balkan Peninsula. While the country itself is not very large, it boasts beautiful scenery and natural resources, making it a thriving tourist destination. The organizers of the competition jokingly say that many people consider Montenegrins to be lazy, so to break this stereotype, they decided to hold this tongue-in-cheek competition to find the "laziest citizen." The competition has been held annually since 2011 and has now been running for over 12 years.

Although the initial motivation for the competition may seem odd, it is taken very seriously. The rules are simple: once the competition begins, participants must lie in a prepared bed. As long as they remain in a lying position, they can do anything they want, including reading, using their phones, or using a computer—there are no restrictions. However, if they stand up or sit up with their upper bodies, they are disqualified. You might wonder, what about going to the bathroom during a whole day of lying down? Well, the organizers have thought of that too; participants are given 10-minute restroom breaks every eight hours, and the organizers provide three meals. The logistics are well taken care of, so participants can "slack off" to their heart's content.

This year's "Laziest Competition" began on August 18th last month and has now been going on for nearly a month. Only 7 participants remain (perhaps even fewer by now), and this year's record-breaking laziness far exceeds that of previous years. Even the organizers never expected the event to last this long. Maybe the people of Montenegro have exceptional endurance. Spending most of your time lying down for a whole month can be quite a challenge. Even the organizers jokingly claim that there are many more people who register for the competition each year than actually participate, suggesting that those who register but don't show up are the true kings and queens of laziness.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-9-2023 06:53:56 | Show all posts
I couldn't agree more! Lying down continuously for a month and a half does sound like a real challenge. And when you consider that the prize is only €1000 in the end, it does seem like quite an investment of time for a relatively modest reward. Even though the competition takes care of food and accommodation, it's hard not to think of it as a bit of a loss.

I mean, with all that time, you could be doing so many other things! This competition seems to be something that only extremely idle or leisurely individuals would participate in.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-9-2023 07:23:38 | Show all posts
Haha, this kind of competition is truly amusing. Many people probably think they can do it, but in reality, it's not as easy to "lie flat" as it seems.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 23-9-2023 07:33:36 | Show all posts
For most ordinary people, being able to live a peaceful, stable, and healthy life until the end is such a precious thing. Unfortunately, society doesn't allow us to "lie flat," and true equality and freedom always seem like a distant dream.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-9-2023 07:51:56 | Show all posts
You're right; such events should be announced in advance. I absolutely believe I could excel in a "lying flat" competition! In hindsight, I think the biggest loss in this competition is the potential weight gain!

On a related note, I once came across a job where you get paid to sleep, testing hotel beds and pillows! Ah, that sounds truly enjoyable!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-9-2023 07:53:05 | Show all posts
A thousand euros does seem quite minimal for such an activity. I wouldn't participate either, considering I earn more from my job, and there's no guarantee of winning the prize.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 23-9-2023 07:54:23 | Show all posts
...I definitely wouldn't participate. The loss of one month's worth of time is worth more than €1000, after all. Time is money!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list