Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Suddenly Struck It Rich, Only for Friends to Take Away My Rewards!?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-9-2023 06:20:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
I wonder if anyone has experienced being betrayed by a friend? Have you ever had such an experience? Friendship is something that might not carry over to the next life, and trust is derived from the word "friend." I recently read about a person in Singapore who trusted a friend to help buy a lottery ticket and ended up winning, but the friend turned on her!?

It goes to show that people can be driven by greed, but ultimately, nothing belongs to you. The person involved is a "working class" individual living in Singapore who had a habit of buying lottery tickets. On the day of the incident, because she didn't have time to place her bet at the betting station, she had to ask a friend to help her. Unexpectedly, that night during the draw, she won 200,000 Singapore dollars. She suddenly became rich and even said with tears in her eyes that she had never seen so much cash, not even 20,000 Singapore dollars. She also thought about how to express her gratitude to the friend who helped her buy the lottery ticket.

However, when she tried to retrieve the ticket from her friend, her friend refused to return it for various reasons and delayed for several days. Her friend even blocked her, which made her extremely anxious. Fortunately, she kept all the evidence, including the messages asking her friend to help buy the lottery ticket, photos of the ticket her friend sent, and her transfer records. She thought reporting it to the police would resolve the matter, but what drove her to despair was when the authorities said it was a private agreement between them, and they couldn't intervene. At present, the woman is still trying to locate her friend to claim the prize money.

Of course, the gambling company operates on a "no questions asked" basis, so now she can only try to retrieve her winnings through a debt collection agency. It's quite troublesome indeed~

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-9-2023 06:49:31 | Show all posts
I think in situations like this, it's best to handle things on your own. After all, I never disclose my gambling activities to anyone, not even close friends.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-9-2023 07:08:56 | Show all posts
There are definitely many people who have been betrayed by friends. It's just that I don't have any reason or opportunity worth betraying.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-9-2023 07:43:18 | Show all posts
The winner really had a stroke of bad luck, being betrayed by a friend like that. Hopefully, the friend will come forward soon and return the money.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-9-2023 08:11:52 | Show all posts
How can someone let a friend make the purchase? Such disputes are quite common.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 22-9-2023 08:18:03 | Show all posts
Actually, buying lottery tickets by oneself is still the best way to go. If you do need someone else to buy them, it's a good idea to retrieve the ticket before the draw to avoid many disputes. Otherwise, when someone else is holding your ticket, not winning should make you happy, right? Haha.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list