Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

In the face of cancer, things like sports betting no longer matter.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-9-2023 20:49:42 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Today's topic is Malaysia's badminton icon, Lee Chong Wei.

I am a badminton enthusiast, and I recently came across Lee Chong Wei's social media account. I was surprised to learn that he is now a father of three. Seeing his happy family photos is heartwarming, and I genuinely wish him all the best.

Most people may not know this, but Lee Chong Wei once faced allegations that he was offered a bribe of 50,000 to fix a match when he was just starting to make a name for himself in the early 2000s. This kind of news was not baseless at the time. I used to follow his journey through sports magazines, and I remember that before he turned professional, he didn't even have a decent racket. He had to work odd jobs to buy one. Learning about his struggles and determination left a deep impression on me. His never-give-up spirit is reminiscent of Cristiano Ronaldo, who I also admire as a role model. Many people assumed that Lee Chong Wei, being financially challenged at the time, might accept an offer to fix a match for money. However, he immediately denied these allegations and stated that he would never engage in match-fixing, no matter how tough his circumstances were.

Now, after many years have passed, and with Lee Chong Wei retired from professional badminton and having battled cancer in 2018, the truth of what happened back then may never be fully revealed. In the face of such a serious illness and the treatments he had to endure—chemotherapy, surgeries, medications, and suffering—he demonstrated tremendous strength and resilience. In the end, when confronted with a life-threatening illness, the pursuit of truth and rumors from the past seem trivial. Lee Chong Wei's health and happiness, as well as his loving family, are what truly matter now. Seeing the joyful pictures of Malaysia's badminton icon and his family today, all I can offer are blessings and more blessings!"

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-9-2023 21:08:25 | Show all posts
In the face of life, these are all minor matters.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 21-9-2023 21:12:45 | Show all posts
Indeed, in the face of illness, people are just dice, and it goes however it goes.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 21-9-2023 21:16:30 | Show all posts
Sports athletes have excellent physical fitness, and many of them also have wealth. On the other hand, I know people around me who have fought cancer and ended up with both their health and finances depleted. Therefore, we should cherish the present moment and live life to the fullest.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 21-9-2023 23:23:03 | Show all posts
In the face of life, everything is so insignificant.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 22-9-2023 00:34:09 | Show all posts
We come into this world for a brief moment, and everything is like a fleeting shadow. If we live each day as if it were the last, there will be no regrets. That's the way to go!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
 Author| Post time 22-9-2023 00:37:46 | Show all posts
Being healthy is still the most important thing; everything else is trivial.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list