Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

How can you protect yourself from scams when AI can mimic voices?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-9-2023 12:47:13 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Niti998 at 25-12-2023 11:56 AM

How strong is artificial intelligence nowadays? Perhaps it feels distant to us when AI is used for tasks like painting, novel writing, or academic papers, making it challenging for us to perceive its impact on our lives. However, what if someone uses AI for fraudulent purposes? Then you might need to be cautious. According to recent reports, current AI technology is capable of allowing scammers to mimic the voices of relatives and use this to deceive victims! When voices can be forged, can you confidently say that you won't fall for scams?

In recent times, a series of AI, with ChatGPT at the forefront, has swept the globe. Its ability to create and converse has made it nearly omnipotent, leading many to start using AI. However, as the technology becomes more widespread, it has also become a tool for many wrongdoers. In the latest reports, scammers have used AI technology as a basis to develop AI voice generators to swindle people out of their wealth.

According to media reports, thousands of victims claim that they could hardly detect during the scam that the person they were conversing with was not actually their relative. Many victims stated that they had no guards up during the conversation because they were hearing the voice of a familiar family member. As a result, their money was swindled away. In the United States, this type of fraud has become the second-largest popular scam of 2022, with over 36,000 cases and an amount exceeding $11 million involved.

Artificial intelligence is still in its early stages, so there is naturally limited prevention against such scams, making it easier for people to fall victim. However, upon reflection, when AI is capable of being indistinguishable from reality, can we truly identify what is real and what is fake? Considering the tremendous cost of verification alone, I am pessimistic about the success rate of preventing these types of fraud.

Nevertheless, technology itself is neutral. We can only hope that in the future, such fraudulent events will be effectively curtailed because AI technology is an inevitable part of our future. Rather than evading it, considering how to use it positively is a more practical approach.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-9-2023 22:37:34 | Show all posts
It's truly frightening that even voices can be mimicked now, and distinguishing between real and fake has become increasingly difficult. The best way to protect oneself is to avoid answering calls from unknown numbers and to remain cautious.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-9-2023 22:41:40 | Show all posts
Regardless of who they impersonate, they can't possibly trick me! The main reason is that I don't have any money!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-9-2023 05:54:18 | Show all posts
I'm not afraid. I have the ultimate defense against scams, theft, and any financial loss: making sure I have no wealth. The poorer I am, the less I worry in this regard.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 20-9-2023 07:59:13 | Show all posts
It seems like voice changers are also popular among some streamers or gamers. Some guys use voice changers to mimic female voices online and trick other guys into buying in-game items for them. With technology so advanced nowadays, it's really important not to trust everything you see or hear in front of you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-9-2023 13:17:37 | Show all posts
Scammers with sophisticated tactics, coupled with the use of artificial intelligence technology, may become increasingly difficult to guard against!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-9-2023 15:51:10 | Show all posts
The concept of artificial intelligence-generated voices is indeed somewhat frightening. Even though there may be software solutions to counter it, very few people are aware of such options, and even fewer use them.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list