Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Dug Up a Loneliness! Man Unearths a Stack of Jewels, But They Won't Be His?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 20:47:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Polar, a 51-year-old Norwegian, decided one day to heed the doctor's advice and cultivate more hobbies instead of lounging on the couch all day. So, in August, he purchased a metal detector and embarked on an incredible adventure that served as both physical exercise and a treasure hunt. Little did he know that during this journey, he would accidentally stumble upon a cache of rare jewels dating back a whopping 1,500 years.

According to the Associated Press on Friday, Polar was using a metal detector on the Norwegian island of Rennesøy when he stumbled upon these ancient treasures hidden beneath the ground. These jewels, weighing in at over 100 grams in total, included 9 gold pendants resembling coins, 3 gold rings, and 10 gold beads. When he first laid eyes on these antiques, he even thought they were just gold coin chocolates. Marzen, the director of the Stavanger University Archaeological Museum, said, 'Finding this much gold all at once is extremely unusual.' These gold pendants are of a type called 'bracteate' and date back to around 500 AD, a period known as the 'Migration Period' in European history.

These gold pendants and beads were once part of splendid necklaces crafted by skilled jewelers of that time, worn by the highest dignitaries of society. Their discovery provides a glimpse into the culture and fashion of that era, making history more vivid. Under Norwegian law, items dating back to before 1537 and gold coins from before 1650 are considered national property and must be handed over to the government. The Stavanger University Archaeological Museum plans to exhibit the ancient artifacts unexpectedly discovered by Polar, offering a wonderful opportunity for the public to view ancient treasures and learn more about our past. This discovery is not just a stroke of luck for Polar but also a part of history, reminding us to cherish and explore our past.

I wonder how everyone would react if they found such treasures? Would they willingly turn them in, or would they secretly sell them for money? But since there are laws in place, the latter would likely result in punishment. So, if you ever encounter such a situation, it's probably best to follow the rules and turn them in. However, it's still interesting to hear what everyone thinks!"

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 20:56:51 | Show all posts
So now, getting rich quick really is a very difficult thing. Many legal rules have effectively blocked your path, greatly dampening people's enthusiasm.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 21:02:11 | Show all posts
Of course, I'm going to find an antique dealer and sell it off as soon as possible.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 21:08:21 | Show all posts
Those are all national assets; you can't sell them even if you try.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 21:13:48 | Show all posts
If you find a treasure, never boast about it. Staying low-key is the way to wealth. Anyway, if it were me who found it, I would gradually sell it in smaller portions, making sure no one finds out. After all, flaunting it won't do any good.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 21:21:30 | Show all posts
When it doesn't happen to oneself, most people would say they should turn it in! But if you were the one who discovered so many valuable items, it would undoubtedly be a painful battle of conscience. In this intense internal struggle, there's the rule of law on one side and immense wealth on the other. Choosing isn't an easy task. If I were to find these things myself, I'd probably be conflicted too. However, considering there's no legal way to trade such items, coupled with today's sophisticated investigative methods, the risks are too high. Why take such a risk?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 11:23:18 | Show all posts
Dug up a load of loneliness, better off not digging at all! This isn't loneliness, it's sheer sorrow!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list