Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Thinking of things from many years ago, I hope he's doing well.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 15-9-2023 13:46:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Today, I suddenly remembered something from many years ago, and I've actually been holding onto it in my heart, feeling sorry for this friend. He was my classmate in primary school, and after graduating, we didn't really keep in touch. A few years later, there was a classmate gathering organized by someone, even though we hadn't been in touch much.

It wasn't until I finished high school that I learned from my mom that he had gotten involved in gambling and accumulated debts (my mom knew his mom, and they had talked in our small town). According to my mom, his mother was very worried. At that time, we were so young, and I hadn't started gambling yet. I was still a kid, and he had already stepped into the world of gambling. This friend actually came from a well-off family, I would say even better than mine. His father had his own business, and he just needed to inherit the family business. However, his father also chose the path of suicide suddenly during those years. At his father's funeral, a woman suddenly appeared claiming to be his father's mistress. I believe this incident had a huge impact on their family, leading him into the depths of gambling addiction.

One day, this friend called me and straightforwardly asked to borrow money, saying any amount would do, even a small sum. At that time, I didn't have a job, and I relied on my parents for money. My immediate thought was that he needed the money for gambling. I refused him over the phone. Looking back today, I still feel sorry for him. At that time, I was young and didn't think too much. Now, when I reflect on it, I feel like he was in a desperate situation to come to me for help. Fortunately, I didn't lend him any money. Instead, I informed my mom, who was quite concerned about their family. My mom said she would lend him money if needed. In your shoes, would you have lent him money?

Later, I continued my education and many years passed. When I asked my mom about this incident again, she said there was no news of this friend anymore. He had completely cut off contact with his family. His father's business was being managed by his twin brother. Honestly, I don't know how he's doing now, but I hope everything is fine for him. So, to all the guys here, we should stick to it and not go overboard. Just play with the money you have, and never borrow!"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-9-2023 23:46:28 | Show all posts
I generally don't lend money to people I haven't been in contact with for a long time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 13:55:00 | Show all posts
Let's hope that he's doing well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 18:54:57 | Show all posts
I've always believed that gambling isn't really a problem.But if gambling leads to a broken family, then it's a matter of character.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 21:03:20 | Show all posts
No matter what you do, it's important to maintain a sense of moderation. Some things are best left undone, and I'm confident in that belief!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 21:13:44 | Show all posts
The family's circumstances shouldn't be used as an excuse for his gambling addiction, and willingly indulging in such behavior doesn't deserve sympathy anymore.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 04:57:40 | Show all posts
It's a good thing I don't have that kind of money, so no one asks me to borrow money, haha!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list