Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Would you tell your close friend that you gamble online?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-9-2023 12:34:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Hey buddies, I've always wanted to ask, do your friends know about your online gambling activities?

Back in the day, in my early twenties, when friends got together, we loved sharing stories. However, as a gambling enthusiast, my favorite stories were about recent online gambling experiences.

But you should know that most people look down on gamblers. Some even consider them foolish. People would say, ""How can you win against a computer?"" Especially among friends in their twenties, who can be quite indiscreet, once you share something with them, the entire circle knows you're into online gambling.

I've personally experienced the consequences of this, so I moved on to the mature phase. After analyzing the pros and cons, I realized there was no advantage to sharing my gambling stories with others—only disadvantages.

Regardless of who asked me if I still gambled, I would say I quit a long time ago!

Even if I won money and wanted to share my joy, I'd tell people I made money by investing in cryptocurrencies. ""Investing"" just sounds classier than ""gambling.""

Using cryptocurrencies for deposits and withdrawals and gaining profits by selling them is not exactly boasting, right?

Yesterday, during the weekend, a few friends got together to play cards. We started talking about cryptocurrencies, and eventually, we veered into the topic of online gambling.

One of my friends, probably new to online gambling, talked about winning some money and boasted like crazy.

Seeing him, I remembered how I used to boast like that back in the day!

Maybe he hasn't realized the problem yet.

People can be lonely, and some things are meant to be kept secret.

Even with the best friendships, some secrets should never be shared.

Or who knows, one day, what you shared might become someone else's weapon against you.

Of course, I'm curious to know if you, my fellow gamblers, would tell your close ones about your online gambling habits."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-9-2023 23:43:10 | Show all posts
Unless they're your absolute best friends or closest confidantes, you definitely can't talk about it with anyone else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 09:45:08 | Show all posts
I wouldn't talk about this kind of thing with others.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 13:53:13 | Show all posts
Usually, I don't talk about it to avoid unnecessary gossip and explanations.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 14:04:42 | Show all posts
Just give a clear answer: Don't tell. And I also suggest everyone: 1. Don't tell friends about our gambling activities. 2. Don't bring friends into gambling.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 14:33:50 | Show all posts
If it were me, I would share it because that's who I am. Why bother caring about others' opinions?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 14:54:41 | Show all posts
In general, you shouldn't tell anyone about this kind of thing. If you do, when you win, others will become jealous, and when you lose, they will mock you.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list