Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Do any of you have a 'gambling addiction,' my friends?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 15-9-2023 11:31:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Today, I discussed the issue of 'online gambling addiction' with my buddies.
I believe that it does exist, and it evolves in phases, similar to a chronic condition. Once you have it, it's challenging to cure completely; medications and surgeries may provide temporary relief.

Let's start with the initial phase: when you first encounter online gambling, it's like dipping your toes in the water. You're not fully aware of the problem, and the addiction is relatively mild. You still exercise caution.

During this phase, you might not fully realize the extent of the issue.

As you become more familiar with it and score some significant wins, your addiction can grow rapidly, akin to lush spring grass. This phase is like a honeymoon period.

Now, let's move on to the second phase: the dependence phase. You've been gambling for a while, and your cautious approach and positive mindset lead to daily gains. At this point, you can't do without it. You start craving it, and any free time is an opportunity to indulge.

You may notice that your luck isn't as good as before, and the money you've won is lost due to impulsivity. You might attribute this to bad luck.

In my opinion, at this stage, the addiction peaks. You become obsessed, play relentlessly, and want to win back your money at any cost. You'll do anything to find more funds for gambling. You stop caring about consequences and become irritable, aggressive, and unrecognizable. These are the consequences of addiction.

After this intense phase, your addiction stabilizes, and you don't have constant urges. You start recognizing the need for stability, and eventually, you reach a more balanced state.

However, the best remedy for this addiction is being broke. Financial constraints can force you to quit. But if you have some money left, you might continue. Trust me, you won't quit for life.

Is this addiction terrifying? For some extreme cases, it can be devastating, as they never enter the stable phase and self-destruct during the frenzy. However, for most people, it eventually stabilizes.

You realize that you can't conquer it on your own. Numerous failures and attempts teach you this lesson.

After this realization, online gambling becomes a pastime, rather than a life-or-death struggle. You accept small wins and losses without letting it affect your life.

This has been my journey through online gambling for over a decade. I won't quit, never will. But I'll control it, keep it in moderation. A little gambling is the right path for us now. It's one of the few things left that bring me joy.

I hope you can control it too. Going all in is no longer suitable for us; small stakes are the way to go."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-9-2023 23:41:26 | Show all posts
It's challenging for addicted individuals to quit completely; as long as there's any external temptation, they're likely to waver.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 09:44:08 | Show all posts
Of course, there's addiction, aren't we all like that? Let's not pretend otherwise.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 13:40:34 | Show all posts
I used to have it before, but I don't have it anymore now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 13:46:58 | Show all posts
Gambling addiction needs a clear definition. Are people like us, who are just casual players, considered as having a gambling addiction? If so, then I guess I have it. But I don't really think I do, haha...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 13:52:13 | Show all posts
It's actually related to age as well. As you get older, you have more responsibilities, so you don't constantly think about playing. When you're young and full of energy, you really can't stay away from it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 14:04:02 | Show all posts
Gambling addiction is indeed very difficult to quit. I've tried to quit at least ten times before, but I couldn't control the urge. The longest period I stayed away from it was around 8 months when I was busy with my startup, but eventually, when I had more free time, I went back to it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list