Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

Burning in his 18th NBA season, Kyle Lowry's impact on the games.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-4-2024 07:36:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
The Philadelphia 76ers have a record of 4 wins and 6 losses with Lowry in the lineup, but in these games, Joel Embiid was absent, starting guard De'Anthony Melton missed most of the games, and All-Star Tyrese Maxey missed four of them. People hope that when the injured players return, Lowry's presence will make the 76ers a smarter, tougher, and more versatile playoff team. Currently, they still have a chance to secure a playoff spot, and Lowry is working hard to help them maintain it...

Going back to the day when Josh Hart first met Kyle Lowry, Lowry fouled him hard during a transition play. At that time, Hart was a freshman at Villanova University, while Lowry was a returning professional player, teaching everyone a lesson: never take anything lightly, even during the offseason.

Since then, their relationship has become closer and closer. "Whatever happens, he's willing to help. Sometimes I talk to him about parenting, babysitting, and other topics. I also messaged him when he was bought out, inviting him to join the New York Knicks to chase a championship together." Hart said.

According to Hart, the most annoying part of facing Lowry is his basketball IQ. He can think through the game and make wise decisions. Hart mentioned the first game of the Knicks' second-round series last year: "I felt our morale and momentum were improving, but Lowry's sudden defensive interruption stopped our offense and gave other teammates the chance to grab rebounds, then he hit a three-pointer, extinguishing our momentum."

Lowry played his first game against his former team, the Miami Heat, on 3/19 and performed well, shooting 50% from the field and scoring 16 points to lead his team to victory. At that time, he was only a week away from his 38th birthday. "As a friend, you're happy to see him succeed in the league and have a long career. However, from an opponent's perspective, you hate playing against such a player. It's really contradictory. Lowry is a smart player who can lead the team to victory in chaos." Hart said.

In 2018, Lowry was no longer the player who had been selected to the All-Star team for six consecutive years and won an NBA championship with the Toronto Raptors. "Although he's no longer as free-scoring as before, he can still change the game with his intelligence. Sometimes, Lowry's impact is obvious: timely three-pointers, cunning frontcourt passes, and inspiring offense." 76ers big man Paul Reed said.

The 76ers have a record of 4 wins and 6 losses with Lowry in the lineup, but in these games, Joel Embiid was absent, starting guard De'Anthony Melton missed most of the games, and All-Star Tyrese Maxey missed four of them. People hope that when the injured players return, Lowry's presence will make the 76ers a smarter, tougher, and more versatile playoff team. Currently, they still have a chance to secure a playoff spot, and Lowry is working hard to help them maintain it.

"He always tells you the truth. He doesn't believe in sugar-coated lies, for anyone, for the whole team." Maxey said.

In the game at Madison Square Garden on 3/11, the 76ers were severely short-handed. When Lowry hit a three-pointer at the end of the fourth quarter, he ended a ugly game. During the first quarter, Reed messed up a nice pick-and-roll, and Lowry immediately rebuked him.

"I think it's helpful to have someone who plays the right way on the court. He's a very talented leader, and he can affect the game in the right way. I think he has added a lot to us, making us more organized. When he wants to play in a certain way, he's very assertive and ensures that the plan is executed. He demands a lot from other things, and I think we're doing better than a month ago." 76ers head coach Nick Nurse, who had worked with Lowry on the Raptors, praised.

Chris Paul said in an interview with NBC Sports Bay Area last week, "If I don't say anything to you, you should be worried. To be honest, I'm just trying to teach and compete at the same time." Like Paul, Lowry also understands this. "As point guards, we're always trying to have conversations with everyone, but if that person doesn't want to listen, then we won't talk to him." Lowry said.

Fortunately, most of the players he meets are willing to accept. In Philadelphia, he didn't waste any time activating the player-coach mode. 76ers center Mo Bamba said, "Lowry spoke up quickly. You could hear him giving advice during training, video analysis, and even rest time in the first practice."

"He told me from the first day he came here that he would support me. Since that day, he has been helping me, so I'm grateful to him. I'm going through everything he has been through, whether it's being an All-Star or making the All-NBA Team. As a point guard, everything he does is understandable." Maxey said.

When Lowry signed with the 76ers, KJ Martin, the son of former Nets and Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin, heard the news from his father. "He has a good relationship with my dad. My dad told me that if I need any help, I can ask him because he knows how to play the right way." Martin said.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-4-2024 08:12:49 | Show all posts
Well done.

Use magic Report

Threads