Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

Cavaliers head coach once threatened by gamblers.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 3-4-2024 08:36:42 | Show all posts |Read mode
March 21, 2024
Cleveland Cavaliers head coach J.B. Bickerstaff revealed that he was threatened by gamblers last season and has reported the incident to the NBA.

According to ESPN, Indiana Pacers star Tyrese Haliburton recently said in an interview that he sometimes feels like a "prop," and Bickerstaff was asked about sports betting issues tonight, admitting that he was approached by gamblers.

The Cavaliers will host the Miami Heat tonight, and Bickerstaff said in a pre-match interview, "They got my phone number and sent me crazy messages, telling me they knew where I lived and other information about my kids. So, it's a dangerous game, and we definitely need to handle it sensibly."

Bickerstaff said he informed security personnel about the matter and tracked down the whereabouts of the gambler. Bickerstaff added, "No charges were pressed. But they found him."

Sports betting is increasingly prevalent in the United States, and Bickerstaff, in his fourth season coaching the Cavaliers, said that his job is facing more and more challenges.

He said, "This brings extra pressure, which distracts everyone's attention from the sport. This is a challenge for everyone in the sport, including players, coaches, referees, and everyone involved in the game. I feel that we really need to be cautious and pay attention to the distance between gambling and basketball and whether it affects the safety of those involved."

"Because it does have an impact. Many times, gamblers bet to pay small bills or rent, and emotions are affected as a result. So, I do believe that we are walking a fine line, and we must be extremely cautious to protect everyone involved."

Bickerstaff said that because fans can place bets on their phones inside the arena, the distance between gambling and the game has never been closer.

Bickerstaff said, "This is undoubtedly crossing the line. Many times, when I stand there and we may be leading by 10 points, but the odds are 11 points, people will shout at me to keep the players on the court so that we can cover the spread. It's just absurd."

"But I want to emphasize again that I understand the business side of this. But what I mean is, I feel it's going too far."

Minnesota Timberwolves French center Rudy Gobert recently said after playing a game in Cleveland that he believes gambling is "hurting our sport."

Gobert was fined $100,000 (about NT$3.2 million) for making a "money" gesture to referee Scott Foster, implying that gambling affects how games are officiated. According to last year's collective bargaining agreement, this is the highest fine the NBA can impose.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-4-2024 09:56:54 | Show all posts
It's difficult to prevent gambling issues.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-4-2024 09:57:21 | Show all posts
Engage in the game.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-4-2024 13:12:43 | Show all posts
Thanks to the hardworking players.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-4-2024 13:12:46 | Show all posts
Don't want to see anyone else get banned.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list